Deer Stalking Certificate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Just wanted to let you all know how good I thought this course was.

Run by the British Deer Society, you can either do it over 4 days in the week, over two weekends, or by 'distance learning', although I have to say that you;d be at a disadvantage that way as you'd lose out not only on the wealth of experience from all the other delegates, but also from the large number of speakers brought in as subject matter experts.

The course covers deer biology and ecology as well as safe rifle use, and at times is quite hands on. We were lucky enough to have the roe buck season start during our first weekend and the time of the gralloching session was adjusted to ensure that we had plenty of game to handle!

I can thoroughly recommend the course - if anyone feels a more in-depth review is in order, I'd be happy to write one.

I'm very pleased to say that I passed first time, and although Andy beat me on the written test, we were even (with full marks) on the visual tests, and I beat him on the shooting test with the best grouping of the day; 6 shots in a 1.5" circle to his 6 in a 3" circle... :D

ODG

Reactions: tomtom

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
ODG thanks for posting your opinion on the coruse.. do you have any information on booking and cost for this sort of thing, were you taught any stalking, and would you advice it to someone whos never hunted deer before?

i would really like to hear a full review if you get the time to write one :)

Cheers
TT

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
outdoorgirl said:
I'm very pleased to say that I passed first time, and although Andy beat me on the written test, we were even (with full marks) on the visual tests, and I beat him on the shooting test with the best grouping of the day; 6 shots in a 1.5" circle to his 6 in a 3" circle... :DODG

Well done and good to know my observation regarding "chicks" and "marksmanship", posted elsewhere on this site, is proving to be as accurate as your shooting! Our r-fle club ( as with probably most throughout the UK) needs more girl members so do feel free to find out more at: http://www.bsrc.co.uk

Web site is still under construction so no nice pictures of our cutting-edge facilities to be seen yet although this will be attended to very soon.

Cheers :beerchug:

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
The test is 2 shots at 100m from a prone position, 2 shots at 70m sitting/kneeling and 2 shots from 40m standing. You can use sticks or bipods as an aid in all positions.

See my full review in another thread...

ODG

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
outdoorgirl said:
The test is 2 shots at 100m from a prone position, 2 shots at 70m sitting/kneeling and 2 shots from 40m standing. You can use sticks or bipods as an aid in all positions.

See my full review in another thread...

ODG

1.5 inch group, eh? That would be good shooting. Doubt I could manage that.

I've always been more of a snap shooter. Don't think I've ever shot a deer further away than 100 yards.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
good goin'! i did one many moons ago along with a ND. i would be interested in a level 2 if theres any one with infomation out there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE