Deer Season starts Monday (and I can't wait!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gloomhound

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2008
Charleston
Monday November 23 is the start of "Gun" season.

This is a time of great excitement in my neck of the woods.
I spent the day working up gear and checking the weather forecast. Part of the ritual is cleaning up the edge on my father's deer knife. My Mom bought it for him when I was a baby and he gave it to me before he passed away, and God willing one day it will be my Son's.

MyDadsknife.jpg

I know some might think it's just a weird looking old knife. I would not trade it for the world.

Wish me luck!

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
Good luck!

Our season is *mostly* over in California and for me it's absolutely over because I can't get out again. Sadly, this is the first year in quite a while I didn't get one.

But I can tell you'll have great luck. I just feel it. :)

And take care of your dad's knife for sure, you have to cherish things like that.

gloomhound

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2008
Charleston
So far no luck. The Deer Gods have not smiled on me yet. My father-in-law and my next door neighbors have both gotten bucks. I have not been able to get an ethical shots so far. Buck season runs till the end of this week then doe season comes in. After that it's the week long muzzleloading season. Archery comes back in till the end of the year so I still have a chance. The scope on my rifle is down so I'm using my fall back gun.
DSCF0622-1.jpg

Still regardless of my luck with the deer, it's still wonderful every time I can get into the woods. That is what matters most to me.

Last edited:

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
After that it's the week long muzzleloading season. Archery comes back in till the end of the year so I still have a chance.

Ahhh, black powder and arrows. I've got to say my most satisfying hunts have always been with black powder or arrows. I didn't do either this year -- had other demands, sadly -- but next year I'm definitely going out. (In California we've got a summer archery season!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE