Decorated Clipper Sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KRF1963

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2007
York
That is beautiful work - I bought some leather and basic tools to make sheaths for my son's and my own Moras but have not got round to starting them yet.

I am sorely tempted but am skint (middle-aged student teacher!) - not sure I will ever be able to replicate your level of craftmanship though. Are they wet-moulded?

They look a bargain for the standard of work.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Your leather work just gets better RB.

Bernie

Ah your back from the naughty corner then:tapedshut
It's all been a bit loonyfied on here lately:( can't understand it myself:confused:
Never mind, thank you very much for the kind words but remember you helped me on the way with the sheath making;)
I'll be pming you a little later with a querie :cool:
thanks again and good to have you back
cheers
Steve

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That is beautiful work - I bought some leather and basic tools to make sheaths for my son's and my own Moras but have not got round to starting them yet.

I am sorely tempted but am skint (middle-aged student teacher!) - not sure I will ever be able to replicate your level of craftmanship though. Are they wet-moulded?

They look a bargain for the standard of work.

Thank you very much, if you have decent hide for your sheaths, just put it to one side and have a practice on something else first!
It can be expensive experimenting and getting to grips with the various techniques/tools but very satisfying!

In answer to your question; the darker one was moulded while the lighter one was not. I often soak my sheaths, whether moulding or not, then dry them in the airing cupboard to stiffen them up.
This makes them less prone to the blade being pushed through the side of the sheath by accident.
thanks again
R.B.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hi R.B. I'll have one of the dark sheaths if still available. If you give me your address again I will get a cheque off to you tomorrow morning. Great work. Nice just to look at but nicer still to have. Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE