Decisions decisions.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Agreed

If it has a tank for fuel, it puts out heat or light and especially if it's brass then Rik will tell you how it works, when and where it was made and what the maker had for breakfast that morning.

He must be on a break because he normally leaps all over threads like this - try sending him a pm.

+1 on the photo Red - you just made me pour myself a Cognac!

Rats :(

That was actually Armagnac - I have a passion for it and, given I am a simple lad, good Calvados. I used to travel to France weekly and enjoyed access to civilised drinks at reasonable prices.....I envy you!

Rats :(

That was actually Armagnac - I have a passion for it and, given I am a simple lad, good Calvados. I used to travel to France weekly and enjoyed access to civilised drinks at reasonable prices.....I envy you!

Aaaah! - my language! Small thread hijack - a good Calvados is better than a bad Armagnac, especially when you have a bowl of it along with some sliced apples in front of a real fire - dip the slices in the Calvados and munch away - straight off the knife - heaven with a good coffee too! Makes me look forward to the winter months!

Back to the thread - that brass "40W" Vapalux photo has made me look further - you should charge commission for it!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahhh, no open fire in the new house - I can sit by the stove though :) I just lack the Calvados these days. I used to spend a lot of time in Lille - wrong part of the country other than there was a chap who travelled north for the Christmas market in Lille square who was a Calvados maker. Stunning stuff - and I can confirm that four bottles fit nicely in a laptop bag as "carry on" luggage on the Eurostar :)

Still, back to the stove

Esse & Pheasants Sepia by British Red, on Flickr

Ahhh, no open fire in the new house - I can sit by the stove though :) I just lack the Calvados these days. I used to spend a lot of time in Lille - wrong part of the country other than there was a chap who travelled north for the Christmas market in Lille square who was a Calvados maker. Stunning stuff - and I can confirm that four bottles fit nicely in a laptop bag as "carry on" luggage on the Eurostar :)

Still, back to the stove

Esse & Pheasants Sepia by British Red, on Flickr

Hah! Had to show this one to the missus - she's a shti' (pronounced "shtee") - a northerner from Armentieres - almost Belgium (mussels, beer and chips). Lille is her city although I've gradually persuaded her to move south (Seine et Marne so far) towards the Perigord.

An Esse Ironheart will certainly do in place of an open fire - that has always been on my wish list! - jealousy transferred!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE