Decent Seam Seal tape for Goretex ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
Hi,

My old og bivvy bag is losing some of the seam sealing tape on it, the goretex is still waterproof and breathable, and standing up well to the abuse it's taken, so I'd like to get some tape to repair the seams. I've seen gore tape and other non gore tapes made for gtex on material sites such as pennine outdoor and was wondering if anyone had used any and could they recommend them ?

Cheers, Sp

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi,

My old og bivvy bag is losing some of the seam sealing tape on it, the goretex is still waterproof and breathable, and standing up well to the abuse it's taken, so I'd like to get some tape to repair the seams. I've seen gore tape and other non gore tapes made for gtex on material sites such as pennine outdoor and was wondering if anyone had used any and could they recommend them ?

Cheers, Sp

I'm interested in the answer to this too, as I have exactly the same problem with my bivvy bag.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've used this stuff in the past with good results. It's pretty straightforward to apply with an ordinary iron, and the instructions are clear.

I completely re-did all the tape on an old bivi bag, and needed 2 lots - ie the best part of 10m, so 20 quid's worth.

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
Excuse the delay in replying !

Just a note to say thanks to DHD, I used the tape he suggested, fitting it in late march, in white, and it is holding up well so far, especially after Friday nights' deluge,

Cheers and Thanks, Sparatn

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
That's pricey, at 2 pound a metre. Point north's is 1 pound a metre, but if you go onto alibaba you can get 1000m for 200 quid, group buy or trader buy territory. Tee pee is this for you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE