Goretex fabric.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have two pieces of this for sale.
One is blue and one is red.

They are both over three metres in length…the red nearly 3.2 and the blue at 3.6+a bit.

Both are genuine goretex (there's even the printed Gore bolt label on one) and came from the clearance of a factory that made jackets and the like.
The red has a knitted layer, while the blue has the creamy white backing layer that should be lined with the breathable mesh fabric that you see inside mountaineering jackets.

Including fees and courier delivery, the offer is £50 for each piece.
If someone wants both then the extra courier fee will be subtracted from the total.

I'm hopeless at photos but I'll see about some later on if necessary.

I struggle to sew goretex simply because I have an 'allsingingdancingwhistlesandbells' lightweight modern machine, and my wrists and elbows are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Otherwise this stuff would not be going into my sales pile.
It will need to be seam sealed, but that's available a heck of a lot more easily than the fabric can be found.

There's enough to make bivvy bags, jackets, trousers, etc., from these pieces, they are 60" wide.
These fabrics are garment weight, not the heavy coarse material that gaiters are made from and the colours are not dayglo, but a good unscreaming red, and a good rich but not navy, blue.

Kind regards,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Giving this a bump and I'll see about photos if we get a decent light (supposed to pour, again !)

The price works out at under £15 a metre for truly excellent fabric.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE