Decent legal carry penknife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Mantic said:
Your warning is well noted and graciously received. It's good that the bushcraft community have taken this issue on board(s).

However, lock knives are legal to carry as long as the bearer has a good reason for carrying such an article (and 'for work' is considered to be an acceptable defence - obvioulsy if said work requires such an item). This is why I said that locking blades are 'often' illegal to carry in the UK. My knowledge of the various UK knife laws is pretty solid but as I said, thank you for the warning.

Ratel10mm - cutting 5 1inch drop ropes? Can I use my bare hands :) Hey, I'm reasonably handy with a knife but probably not THAT handy. I'll have to look into this - sounds like a hoot! And no, you're not boring me at all - very informative and that's fine with me.

Your suggestion re the antique fairs was inspired. As it happens, I have a couple of 1940's MOD blades (probably just what you're talking about). They're a bit cumboresome and I had them set aside as part of my non-use collection. Never thought of carrying them as I never really concerned myself with the laws (as I always used to have reasons for carrying a locker). I put an arm hair shaving edge on one this morning, whilst the kids ate breakfast.

Once again, many thanks.

You're more than welcome mate.

Thinking about this question yesterday, I remembered one of my favourite pocket knives - the Boker Tree Brand Barlow. (Boker make several brands). It has a clip main & a spear secondary blade, both carbon steel (Which I prefer). Very thin, but don't think that means they're not strong! ;)
Being thin blades, it's one of the best slicing knives I own. I'd almost bet it'd out-slice a UKPK. As for the springs - well, it makes a UKPK look like a friction folder! :p
Seriously, this is one well made knife. :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE