deceant songs to listen to while supping whisky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
JD is a Bourbon, not strictly a Whisky close but ,narrowly avoids the cigar.

The definition of "bourbon" is a whisky that's distilled in Bourbon County, Kentucky. JD is a sour mash whisky distilled in Lynchburg, Tennessee (in Moore County) So actually it's the other way round; JD's a whisky but NOT a bourbon.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Is this the American Scottish / Irish? or a honest to goodness Scott or Irish born man? I only ask as I could classify myself as Irish or Austrian on my mums side and Viking on my dads side.
I am not taking the Urine I just find the American Irish, Scottish, Dutch, French, Japanese, Chinese thing odd and one of my mates with a brummy accent you could float rocks on is a American by ancestry and passport, an he get's it all the time so do most of the yanks I know :)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Is this the American Scottish / Irish? or a honest to goodness Scott or Irish born man? I only ask as I could classify myself as Irish or Austrian on my mums side and Viking on my dads side.
I am not taking the Urine I just find the American Irish, Scottish, Dutch, French, Japanese, Chinese thing odd and one of my mates with a brummy accent you could float rocks on is a American by ancestry and passport, an he get's it all the time so do most of the yanks I know :)

LOL. The first. I know my ancesters back as far as my grandparents were born and raised in Mississippi. Kelly on Daddy's side and Wallace on Mama's side. My maternal grandmother was Morris and my paternal grandmother was Rawls.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
LOL. The first. I know my ancesters back as far as my grandparents were born and raised in Mississippi. Kelly on Daddy's side and Wallace on Mama's side. My maternal grandmother was Morris and my paternal grandmother was Rawls.

Mums side Keenan, and Vunderly (changed to Wonderly during the first world war), there is another name in there but I am dammed to recall it without getting out my comfy chair and find the notebook with it in, we have family trees that are really intresting apparently my mum is a 3rd cousin to the guy who invented the Kurta calculator. Having said that her cousin and her son so my 3rd cousin whent to school together he tried to bully me so I put him through a bus stop and when his mates jumped me I fed the three of them toilet water :)

But on my dad's side we can find patchy stuff back to the Viking era, according to what we can find our Family was the keepers of the Well from a small area outside of York, funny talking about cousins This guy is my dads 3rd cousin, and my mum sat her English exam in the Hall named after him.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I suspect that we might all find some Viking if we tried hard enough. After all, they raided, raped, and colonized their way round Western Europe; It's likely they left some genes in all our family trees.

One of my uncles on Mama's side once traced that side of the family tree back to Scotland; but I don't really know what he found.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Most of what's on my dads side it's solid till 1400 then it's family name and parents name chased so it could be inaccurate. But the Vikings made it as far as north Canada so I wouldn't be shocked if there was a healthy amount of Norse DNA in most of Northern Europe.

Then again, if your family is from Eastern Europe, one of your ancestors is no less than Genghis Khan, and if your southern Europe Charlemagne has a good chance of being a relative of yours. If you go back as far as 900AD your relatives out number the possible number of modern humans, so it means that you had multiple ancestors and twins where more common at one point.

It's all relative.

Edit:

I can recall a show about historic DNA, and half of the south of the UK has DNA that is indigenous of people from the middle east, I love telling skinheads that makes them twitch :p

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Agreed. We're more a product of our upbringing than our genes in many respects. I recently re-connected (on facebook) with a girl I went to school with all those years ago. Her family (on her mama's side) had Italian roots. She (unlike me) doesn't seem to have aged much over the years. She still has those very beautiful Italian features. BUT!! She also still has that same Southern accent we both grew up with. LOL. And a preference for cornbread and fried chicken.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Haha, yea it makes a difference.

Oddly me and my Girlfriend knew each other and where best friends from about 13 to 18/19 (oddly we where always just mates but always a under tone every one thought we where a item) she went away to London and studied medicine at uni and we lost contact, about two years ago my Sister who is a Police officer said "Chris you really need to meet this Student doctor in the royal", bare in mind my sister had met Sal go knows how many times as a kid... So I ignored my sister, till one day she brought her home and it was like a sit com, I saw Sal an thought I know her, an she saw me an said I know him an it was like we didn't have a long gap in our friend ship an after about a hour my sister said, I guess you know each other then?.

Nearly 2 years now, and I am planning on getting down on one knee at Christmas. Best two years of my life :)

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
The definition of "bourbon" is a whisky that's distilled in Bourbon County, Kentucky. JD is a sour mash whisky distilled in Lynchburg, Tennessee (in Moore County) So actually it's the other way round; JD's a whisky but NOT a bourbon.

You're missing an "e", we are talking about whisky, you are talking about whiskey . Very different drinks, after all one is the water of life and the other spends its life spoiling the taste of Coke;)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You're missing an "e", we are talking about whisky, you are talking about whiskey . Very different drinks, after all one is the water of life and the other spends its life spoiling the taste of Coke;)

One is "sipped' like wine; the other is shot like men.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE