Dec. hunting trip. (picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
Just a few pictures from my hunting trip at the begining of December. The lease is around St. Francisville Louisiana.

Small deer that came to the feeder. Not the one I harvested.

29gn2w2.jpg

The one I harvested.

2upab6s.jpg

Scenery around several deer stands:

3yq82te.jpg

2hq5umr.jpg

2f037va.jpg

2qcin1h.jpg

2ihxc91.jpg

Native bamboo:

43x8xo3.jpg

Native plants, can you name them?

40k52x5.jpg

2lsfzbt.jpg

4dmxhqh.jpg

2vxeih1.jpg

4fvmjr4.jpg

I have more pics but don't want to bore ya'll with too much.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
top pics, love the squirrel trying to hypnotise me into putting out some peanuts this weekend....must obey oh grey fluffy leader....

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Madrussian

Whitetail doe I guess not to conversant with your deer, looks like a nice beast I’m sure it will make a welcome addition to the larder.

Is it annual lease that you have that can be renewed or do you have to renegotiate each year. Do you share the hunting with others? How long is your season, bucks and does?

Is all your hunting from blinds or stands or do you also still hunt.

What other quarry species do you have, I know Louisiana has some good wild boar / feral pig hunting.

Is the water tidal? To my shame I cant identify half the plants in my neighbourhood so wont embarrass myself by trying to guess what those are in your pictures.

Happy hunting Pothunter.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
Sorry about that. :eek: Yes its a whitetail doe. About 100 lbs. Our office was invited on the hunting trip, so I don't know the details of the lease. I think that the owner of the company that gave the invite might own some of the land and lease some. Most leases are renewed anually. Far to expensive for me. The season varies from parish to parish usually only a couple of months. We were hunting out of stands. There were about a dozen from the office that joined in the hunt. Deer were the only animals hunted at this site. Some of the guys in the office hunt wild pigs. The water in the picture is a small creek that runs through the property. The plants I'll tell you later. I want to see if anyone can identify them. :) Wish I could have had time to go exploring a little more.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Great pictures. :cool:

If you ever get the chance to make them a little smaller it would be good. As is they are wider than a standard monitor display. Having to scroll across, as well as down to see a single image kind of counter acts the benefits of hi-res.

Very different scenery for winter to what we have here! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE