DD underblanket.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 10, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
I got my DD under blanket earlier this week. Thinner and a bit smaller than I thought it would be. Pleasantly surprised when I gave it a trial run - the multiple adjustments made it easy to fit effectively. I could feel the buildup of heat with my hand between the blanket and the hammock almost right away. Looks promising and I'm looking forward to a night out with it soon. Bargain at the price...

am5566

Dec 11, 2012
scotland
Just got one of these today. I'm surprised at the Small pack size and unpacked the blanket feels thicker than I had imagined. It looks quite short though, I'm 5 ft 10 and it's just a bit bigger than me flat out on the ground. I'm concerned my feet or head will pop out quite a bit. Has this happened to anyone yet? I'll be trying it out next week on a three nighter so I'll give an update then. I seen on you tube that it happens on the asymmetrical hammocks not seen it used on a symmetrical hammock yet. 49 bucks it was worth a try! (This is not the snugpak one)

am5566

Dec 11, 2012
scotland
Just got one of these today. I'm surprised at the Small pack size and unpacked the blanket feels thicker than I had imagined. It looks quite short though, I'm 5 ft 10 and it's just a bit bigger than me flat out on the ground. I'm concerned my feet or head will pop out quite a bit. Has this happened to anyone yet? I'll be trying it out next week on a three nighter so I'll give an update then. I seen on you tube that it happens on the asymmetrical hammocks not seen it used on a symmetrical hammock yet. 49 bucks it was worth a try! (This is not the snugpak one)

The dd underblanket was brilliant! Covered all of me in the hammock no problem, it was around 10 degrees Celsius each night (that's what my car said....) I had a really thin sleeping bag and was warm all night with no cold spots under me.

I have never used an underblanket before, found it really easy to set up and use thanks to the mini carabiners that came with it. I used this on a DD Frontline hammock that had the loops for the underblanket so that helped too.

I enjoyed not having a mat move around under me at night and it made the hammock feel more comfortable as it was breathable under me and my mats seem to change the shape of the hammock a bit.

At £49 I would recommend it. My friend that came with me was impressed and is ordering one now too.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Bought mine a few months back and i thought it would pack down smaller than it did. That said, i used a much smaller and lighter bag which offset it.
No plans on using it now until autumn but im more than happy with the quilt.

Mahomasy

Aug 13, 2013
Sweden
Just about to buy one of these. The price seems right.

For anyone that's tried it, do you think it would work well with just that and a fleece blanket on top in the warmer months?
I always feel a bit restricted in sleeping bags so would be nice to leave it at home.

Also, has anyone actually tried it down to -5? Say you might need some extra insulation going that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

am5566

Dec 11, 2012
scotland
Just about to buy one of these. The price seems right.

For anyone that's tried it, do you think it would work well with just that and a fleece blanket on top in the warmer months?
I always feel a bit restricted in sleeping bags so would be nice to leave it at home.

Also, has anyone actually tried it down to -5? Say you might need some extra insulation going that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I used my tesco microlight sleeping bag like a blanket with only my boxers on. I doubt it would be much warmer than a fleece blanket and I was warm all night. I don't normally feel the cold easy though.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Sorry kids to resurrect this, but eyeing up the new DD underblanket and want to know whether any one has used one with a Hennessy (zip) and can advise how easy it was to set up?

cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE