DD Travel Hammock Advice Needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kendalphil

Jan 16, 2011
kendal cumbria
Hi All,

Just purchased a DD Travel Hammock I have decided to change the existing straps.

I have watched the video on You Tube titled Hennessy Hammock Quick hanging method uploaded by Mcsparron.

I have purchased 4 x Omega Pacific Rap Rings also 2 x Karrabiner.

The addtional advice required what type of climbing rope is shown in the video plus diameter of the rope shown.

I wish to connect one end of the climbing rope to the travel hammock directly though the original end sleeve what type of knot do you advise to secure the loose end.

Thanks for all your help.
KendalPhil

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
If you are running it through the original channel and joining the rope to create a loop then I suggest a double fishermans knot, I use this with the original webbing and it has been absolutely fine. Think there is an article on natural bushcraft that shows this mod. Don't see why it wouldn't work with rope so should be fine.

Hope this helps.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I've had a DD Travel hammock for a few months now.. great piece of kit. The best suspension option I've tried is a set of two 1 inch climbing webbing tree straps about 6 feet long and a pair of whoopie slings I got from UKhammocks.co.uk. You just loop the whoopie slings over a marlin spike hitch on the webbing and you are set.
This set up is really quick,easy & lightweight. As the Amsteel has no stretch I find I can set it up to the height I want and it doesn't sag any further.
cheers
Gareth

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
The addtional advice required what type of climbing rope is shown in the video plus diameter of the rope shown.

I wish to connect one end of the climbing rope to the travel hammock directly though the original end sleeve what type of knot do you advise to secure the loose end.

i use the exact same setup as the one in that video, the rope is the stuff that comes as standard on the hennesey hammock. Great setup for me, fast and strong too, not as light as a whoopie setup but I'm pretty heavy so feel more secure this way. Any time you want any more advice on this setup just ask.

As for attaching your rope I would say the fishermans knot too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE