dd scout hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 16, 2011
coventry
hey guys i have a DD scout hammock.does anyone else have this hammock. Or does anybody have and suggestions for hanging this hammock as it has the double webbing ends which are quite poor in my opinion so im looking for a good system to stop water working down and so on any suggestions with descriptions or a pic would be great thanks joe.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
There is a mod you can do that I have done with my Frontline (I'm assuming it's the same setup anyway). You cut the webbing short and make a short loop at either end of the hammock and tie it in a double fishermans knot then use a carabiner to link that to the other long piece of webbing that goes round the tree and is tied in a double evenk hitch.

If you make the loop at the gathered ends and install a carabiner then this tutorial is how I hang mine...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53500

Hope this helps in some way :)

Nov 16, 2011
coventry
Thanks for all your advise people i have been out today and brought 4 new carabiners. I then followed some instructions on natural bushcrafts website and rigged up a system to stop the rain working down i also learned that i can now unclip one end to give me more space in the day time which i had never even considered. i also learned my first knot the single fishermans knot which apparently is strong enough for the job. so thanks again for the advise we will see if it works in january at rough close! joe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE