DD Honey Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Has anyone bought or tried one of these? I'm thinking of buying one and was wondering if it would be a good buy. This would be my first camping stove aswell.

Thanks

:beerchug:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Has anyone bought or tried one of these? I'm thinking of buying one and was wondering if it would be a good buy. This would be my first camping stove aswell.

Thanks

One or 2 people including myself have them. I really like it as it's very versatile in what you can use in it.

Have a look at this thread for more peoples opinions :)

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Just got an email to say mine should arrive in the morning!

Can't wait, although I'll have to wait until after the dentist to try it and have a brew! :D

Drew

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Thanks

They are the best compact woodburner I've seen, get a Trangia burner as well for the times you can't have a fire.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Well quite frankly I'm well chuffed!

I haven't managed to use it yet due to the great british summer, but I've been constructing it in every combination that I can work out!

What a great, simple, compact bit of kit!

Can't wait for it to stop raining!

I wonder if it'll fit in the wood burner. . . . . :D

Drew

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
JUST GO FOR IT!!!

I was on a coding sesh the other night, couldn't be bothered to keep keeping up for tea, so just put the trangia burner in and made it in the office at my desk!

Stays totally cool on the outside when the burner is running.

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Good decision - I have one and love it; sooo versatile and packs away into a nice flat pouch. I really like the way you can decide which bits you're going to need and then take only those

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Well quite frankly I'm well chuffed!

I haven't managed to use it yet due to the great british summer, but I've been constructing it in every combination that I can work out!

What a great, simple, compact bit of kit!

Can't wait for it to stop raining!

I wonder if it'll fit in the wood burner. . . . . :D

Drew

How'd it go?

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Gutted!

It has been postponed until this afternoon!

Nothing like sorting the grandparents to take them to the dentists and getting the days wrong. . . .

Oh well, worse things happen at sea!

I'll try and get some pics today!

Drew

Mang

Settler
I'd been pondering getting one and took the plunge after reading about people rating it on here. When I opened the package (and DD Hammocks don't hang around when it comes to posting gear out gor bless 'em) it looked so small and I thought 'I hope you buggers are right!'

Erm, you were and I'm looking forward to taking it on holiday and getting some 'Honey on tour' thread pics taken.

Dec 16, 2007
Just got mine and think it is GREAT. Fits nice into the PLCE utility pouch on my belt kit now makes me think do I want to get rid of the SA trangia.

My 14cm Zebra mess tin from the bushcraft shop fits it a treat but that does not fit in the utility pouch so the crusader mug stays.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE