DD Hammock Sleeve

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I have had a go at using the DD hammock sleeve on a DD Travel Hammock/Bivi.

I found it a bit fiddly to concertina the sleeve to get it on the hammock in the first place, but nothing too difficult.

When in place and the hammock is in use, it increases the overall 'length' of the hammock. I was worried that I might need to get this extra length covered by the tarp in case of rain but I used it last night when it was tipping it down all night - and coming from the direction of the end with the sleeve on - and I had no problems with rain getting to the actual hammock.

Packing the hammock using the sleeve is a dream compared with doing it without.

Overall good value for £8 - definitey glad I got one. Saves hassle

No connections etc

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I got one recently for my 2008 Travel hammock and agree that they're good - quite easy to get on the first time and it does make stuffing that sack a lot easier afterwards. I have a week's bushcraft course next week so am also going to be using the sleeve to get the hammock out of the way during the day to make all of the space under my tarp usable.

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Andy - you only need one. It's made to cover the whole length of the hammock, unlike HH Snakeskins which I believe come in 2 bits which meet in the middle.

Dec 16, 2007
One. HH come in 2 and meet in the middle. you dont get so much bunching at the ends when you pull back the skin (fnarr fnarr)

That allways makes me giggle.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
I bought one for my DD Travel Hammock last week. I must say that it was extremely easy to fit and makes packing it into the stuff sack an absolute doddle. Hopefully, set up on my next trip out will be easy although I can't say it has ever been a chore.

I did think, however, that once set up, I tend to leave my sleep mat and sleeping bag in the hammock and the mossi net attached to the 'utility' line so I am unlikely to use it during my stay in the woods.

Still, for £8 it's a nice addition to the set up. At that price, I can't see too much saving for a group buy.

Martin

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I was already planning on having a go at my own as well, but when I saw DD's version for only £8 (delivered as well, I think) and then thought about all the fun I'd have as a complete sewing machine newbie that sealed it for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE