DD Hammock Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yep the sleeve really helps out when showing the hammock into the stock stuff sack - whether purchased or home-made like Martin's. I think the best bit is what Napakettu points out - it's a bit of a pain stowing the hammock especially if it's wet. This has to be my #1 mod!! Though very closely followed by Martin's DIY frontline - I may well have a bash at this one. Slightly off topic I'm extremely excited at the prospect of spending next week in my DD at a Bushcraft Expeditions Fundamental course - 1st course for me and I cannot wait to get down there!!

Have a great time javi

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi MartinK9,
just been having a look at your pictures looks pretty good its nice to see other people making up there own stuff. tops mate.
cheers Topkont

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Cheers topknot, I thought the designs by DD were great but I couldn't justify the cost of new kit so needs must.

Only a week to go to test them, out at a Meet at Swift Valley so I'll put some more pictures up of them in use.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Update - Mods in use at Swift Valley - Both worked extremely well, especially the double zip....

ddmoddedhammock7.jpg

ddmoddedhammock9.jpg

ddmoddedhammock12.jpg

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hey MartinK9 that is amazing,

can your mam do one for me?

I too am sewing machine challenged

Sorry, that was a one off deal for me last year :D

And, hopefully, a large bouqet of flowers for your mum or, as an alternative, a couple of weeks of decent behaviour!:)
this will ensure the cooperation when other projects are to be sewn.

I flew the nest 25 years ago so, no chance of decent behaviour :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE