DD Hammock and Tarp Set...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Hi, Was about and About again at the weekend, and took oportunity to look at my DD set up.

I wanted to try a spacer bar in the fly net.....(Excuse the cable ties here!)

DSC00122.jpg

Basically an old tent Post, it had split, hence the cable ties!, thread the elasticy thread through and then attach to the Tarp line Pruseck..

DSC00123.jpg

It gives much larger clearance above my face. I will do both ends, but only had 1 pole!

The other cable ties you see are there to stop the bar moving around.

The other modification I've made, to prevent tripping is make the Guidelines on the corners of the tarp brighter by using Luminous Yellow. I know its not to everones taste, but they are effective!

DSC00125.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Nice setup.

I hung mine for the first time on Saturday, and have to say, it was hell of a lot quicker and easier than I expected! I didn't sleep out in it, I just wanted to have a crack at getting it set up. I forgot to take pics though!!

I used the method shown in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71192 for the attachment to the tree, using the extra tubular tape that came with the DD pack. I intend to but some climbing tape, as the DD stuff looks like it will fray and degrade after a few uses. That stuff attached to the hammock was a far better quality than the additional stuff.

REally pleased though, but after a while hunting for reasonable sticks for the mosi net, I have decided that the methed in the OP is a far quicker solution than stick hunting each time!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Nice setup.

I hung mine for the first time on Saturday, and have to say, it was hell of a lot quicker and easier than I expected! I didn't sleep out in it, I just wanted to have a crack at getting it set up. I forgot to take pics though!!

I used the method shown in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71192 for the attachment to the tree, using the extra tubular tape that came with the DD pack. I intend to but some climbing tape, as the DD stuff looks like it will fray and degrade after a few uses. That stuff attached to the hammock was a far better quality than the additional stuff.

REally pleased though, but after a while hunting for reasonable sticks for the mosi net, I have decided that the methed in the OP is a far quicker solution than stick hunting each time!

I used dd webbing to tow my car off.....twice ! Better than it looks :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I also use old tent poles for my DD Travel hammock...likewise I thought rummaging about in the dark for suitable twigs may be a pain at times. They don't weigh a lot and do the job nicely.

Plus it gave me a 'told ya so' for my wife...last year we were at Loch Lomond and some chumps had dumped their 'weekend tent' (after trying to set fire to it). Myself and the kids tidied up the mess but I took the poles with me thinking they might be useful at some point. Whaddya know, they were:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE