DD 3x3m Tarp???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 7, 2010
solihull
Hi all,

I am looking into purchasing myself a 3x3 DD tarp for use as ground dwelling but give me the flexibilty of hammocking, how do you all set yours up if you are in the open with a lack of trees, I was thinking maybe a ridge pole or single pole and angle it down to keep out the elements. I would be grateful for any links. Thoughts??

Thanks

Dom

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Dom,

exactly how to do it mate, use walking poles, basha poles or tent extension poles would work. You could even use cut sticks. hth

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
This was a quick set up to give shade for the kids and dogs

Tarpandpoles.jpg

Backpacking light do a good DVD normaly comes with the tarp :)

Mar 7, 2010
solihull
Thanks guys,

this has made my decision alot easier, just need to source myself some basha poles but that shouldnt be too hard.

Thanks again

Dom

Mar 7, 2010
solihull
Thanks Andy i will order the DD3x3m tarp and a two set of those bivi poles when i get home tonight

Thanks for all the help guys

dom

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
I bought a 3x3 tarp from Decathlon yesterday which seems ok, haven't really had a chance to try it out fully yet. It comes with 2 poles and only cost £19.99, might be worth a look. Linky

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I bought a 3x3 tarp from Decathlon yesterday which seems ok, haven't really had a chance to try it out fully yet. It comes with 2 poles and only cost £19.99, might be worth a look. Linky

Lupis, i've used mine for 3 years now and hane no complaints, other that the poles rust and there's no ridge loops, lol apart from that it's a great piece of kit for £20

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE