DC4 Group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Zammo said:
Just wondering what peoples sharpening techiniques are with the DC4?

I have tried using the technique on the box, where by I keep the blade on the the DC4 (diamond side) at a flat angle and then move the blade around in circular motion. Finishing off by doing the same lightly on the ceramic side.

I have also tried sharpening blades by sweeping the blade accross the diamond side from top to bottom and then repeating the process until i'm happy, and then doing the same for the ceramic side.

With small stones like this and my arkansas stone I tend to hold the knife still and move the stone in circles. Similar to axe sharpening with one of the round gransfors stones. You can 'feel' rough bits when using the fine side that need a bit more work and I feel I'm less likely to roll the blade on the stone. My clipper and my laplander are both pretty sharp. I haven't tried it on my drawknife blades yet. I still use the japanese waterstones on the bench for them.

Horses for courses I guess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE