Day pack recommendations please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
80% of the European population use them from time to time.
80% of the European population are idiots.

I ask myself, if one has to do with the other!

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
What?

A reason to screw the heating a bit higher and to open the window a bit...

(I have nothing against a nice international harbour next to Berlin!)

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The ultra light trekking community is experimenting with such light fabrics.

But I think in the forest something stronger is a good Idea. There are enough options to save weight with other equipment.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The material is super strong. The stitching less so.

You can fill it with frozen horse balls, jars of Cloudberry jam, Pear cider, Chocolate and frozen cake until bursting point, and it will hold.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
But if you scratch it?

That's the difference between ultra light trekking and bushcraft ruck sacks!

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Who put this thread in this section instead of the carrying bit?

But as you’re all here, waist belt. Need a waist belt for the forthcoming LK35.

Thanks awfully.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Did it move to an other section?
A green written moderator can put it back later.

Doesn't matter currently.
We all watch "New posts".

Did you find my "private message"?

It's at the envelope next to the alert flag.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I recommend to open a new thread with the name "LK 35 modifications".

Now and later people will find it easier!

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
It was completely my own fault. I wrote it in a bit if a hurry and posted it to the wrong section.

Just found your PM. Most kind of you to take the time to share that info with me.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Generations of Swedish men hate the Ryggsäck 35 L, Komplett as it is correctly called.

The frame is made for vertically challenged people. And being made from painted steel tubes, needlessly heavy and rust sensitive.
There is a reason very few people use them as day packs.

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Generations of Swedish men hate the Ryggsäck 35 L, Komplett as it is correctly called.

The frame is made for vertically challenged people. And being made from painted steel tubes, needlessly heavy and rust sensitive.
There is a reason very few people use them as day packs.

Now you tell me ;)

I’m not planning to go too far with it for now, so I’m just having a bit of fun with exploring different kit.

Having said that, I have posted a wanted ad in the classifieds for a personal shopper and kit carrier but people seem to have missed it. Strange eh?

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
He got it cheap, I guess. No fault!

Main Question seems to be, if it is really worth the modifications.

I would use it how it is and more additional to my hiking ruck sack, for example to carry special stuff like a heavy cotton tent from the car a few meters to a meeting place.

I don't own it, but I thought about buying it for use like that, more storing and transporting things in the car then hiking.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
If you pack light you will be fine. The problem is that if you want to carry ’heavy’ and equip the frame with a hip belt, it will end up a bit above the hip, navel height.

When we used it, we had a 200 carton of .308 cartridges, 2 kilo packs of C4, one Claymore, Trangia, one liter of meths, 0.7 liter of water, freeze dried food and a jumper.

Erb, try to get the newer model. The older model has leather bits which are no fun if they get wet. Also the modern sack material is better than the old canvas.

Superb quality all generations. Made by Haglöfs I think.

The Ryggsäck 70L, Komplett is better, imo. Fits a normal person better, and more versatile

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Yes, I am interested in the new one.

Should I like to use old Swedish stuff, I can take my Swedish Tornister. Should have it's hundreds birthday next time, if I didn't forget to organize the party, a couple of years ago.

I slowly can sell it to the military museum in Stockholm...

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
If you pack light you will be fine. The problem is that if you want to carry ’heavy’ and equip the frame with a hip belt, it will end up a bit above the hip, navel height.

When we used it, we had a 200 carton of .308 cartridges, 2 kilo packs of C4, one Claymore, Trangia, one liter of meths, 0.7 liter of water, freeze dried food and a jumper.

Erb, try to get the newer model. The older model has leather bits which are no fun if they get wet. Also the modern sack material is better than the old canvas.

Superb quality all generations. Made by Haglöfs I think.

The Ryggsäck 70L, Komplett is better, imo. Fits a normal person better, and more versatile

I have an lk35 and have modified a lot it to make it usable. If the frame was aluminium it would be better

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE