day out with cega

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
following on from threads about how many blades you take into the woods, i decided to have a day out with just the axe.

IMG_0316.jpg

the beast in question!

IMG_0317.jpg

compared to a sak

IMG_0318.jpg

choping a few sticks

IMG_0319.jpg

shaving some kindling

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

just chopping some logs

IMG_0323.jpg

making light work of big logs

IMG_0326.jpg

the benefit of all that chopping

IMG_0327.jpg

a shot of the camp site

IMG_0328.jpg

all packed up and ready to go, having enjoyed a day out!

thanks for looking, rob

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
thanks for sharing! looked like a great day out. having recently got a GB Small Splitting Hatchett, im thinking of giving this a go too....with another blade as a back up just in case im not proficient enough using the axe...:)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just a little teaser Rich, just a little teaser...

Further to this, i'm going to have a day out with just a woodie clone, and a day with a large camp knife that i have, why ?, just because i can !

Rob

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
That is a gorgeous axe. Im going to see a guy on Saturday to hopefully get a couple of old, British Steel heads, cant remember the makes

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
hehehee, thanks mate, as if they needed any more reason to buy a cegga axe! lol!
do you know the head weight of this axe? im having one, but im unsure and have hassled cegga enough already! :D

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
We did a mini review, a few months ago, Adam(JLT knives)and myself. I have had a roselli axe which i liked, and a SFA which i did'nt. The review was between Adams Sfa & the cegga. The Sfa ain't got no soul compared to this !. The cegga bit square & deeper, the Sfa seemed to bite with either heel or toe, but the cegga hitting centre every time, you could say i like it !.

There are a few photo's in my back posts if you have a look.

Just wait till you get one.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE