Dave Canterbury PLSK1 copy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi

This is my copy of the Dave Canterbury PLSK1, i asked my mate silver fox if he would let me use his knife as a pattern.
The knife is made from 01 tool steel and has all the same sizes as the PLSK1 but i did not like the small scandi ground, so mine goes a bit higher up the blade but not to the top and i have made the handle a bit wider by the black line on the blade
All the work on the blade was done with hand tools and a electric drill , the problem i got is the heat treatment of the blade :rolleyes:

This is it some far

DSC00650.jpg

Thank you for looking
All comment weclome

Cheers
Topknot

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Really nice. Whenever I see that knife I always wonder why is has a scandi grind. I think yours is an improvement.

There are makers that will heat treat for you.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Thanks guys for the comments. Hopefully one of are member will do the H/T for me, i do not mind paying for it.

Cheers
Topknot

Jun 28, 2013
gwynedd
I like scandi grinds but I think your grind suits that knife better,I also think your handle width at the ricasso is an improvement ,well done ,remember to post pics when it is finished

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I like scandi grinds but I think your grind suits that knife better,I also think your handle width at the ricasso is an improvement ,well done ,remember to post pics when it is finished

I found the handle on the PLSK1 to small at that part and back to far to have a good grip, but that's only me.
Yes will post more.

Cheers
Topknot

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Very nice looking Sabre grind, should come out nice and slicey when all is done, good work.

Mark (Hillbill) is certainly worth a PM for the heat treat, if not I can do it for you in my kiln the only snag would be the round trip postage adding to the cost, I'm in France!!

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Very nice looking Sabre grind, should come out nice and slicey when all is done, good work.

Mark (Hillbill) is certainly worth a PM for the heat treat, if not I can do it for you in my kiln the only snag would be the round trip postage adding to the cost, I'm in France!!

Thank you very much for the offer.

And thank you to rest for the comments . John i have not thought about that one get.

Cheers
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE