Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
I'm a no-show I'm afraid. Will try for the next one. A full-blown bout of flu (and not just got a bad cold 'man-flu') has laid me low this week so not going to bring it to your door! Believe me you REALLY don't want this one! Lots of love and have loads of fun.
Lucy x

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
It sure has been a while... whats the chance of the flask going home with you, I bet I forget, again! :p

Be good to catch up buddy, been too long and I cant wait for a chill out!

Dec 18, 2010
bristol
Newbie report
I went there on my own, not knowing what to expect
– OH MY GOD!
I always say to my family, before I go play in the woods, to not worry as the weirdest thing that is likely to be in the woods is me – now I am not so sure? Never before have I found such a strange and bewildering collection of ‘bushcraft’ folk in one place – what is the collective noun for such a gathering – suggestions welcome…?) some were fat, some were ugly, and lots had beards!
I was welcomed to the site by a lovely young lady (apparently called Harry) – nice, and shown round the site by Ivan (you don’t fool me, I know your proper name is Harry) – nice, met some of the other campers (all Called Harry), shown where to pitch (right down the end away from everyone else – rude) and went for a walk. Really nice place, good location, right on edge of moor.
In the evening forced to eat gruel and argued about inability of Harry to build a fire that provided at least some warmth and light and not just smoke –this then deteriorated into petty squabbling about one another shortcoming followed by vicious repeated question concerning parentage, sexual preference, gender and intelligence - Rude.
I am sad to say that under this onslaught of bulling I witnessed more than one poor individual (Harry and Harry I think) seek refuge in alcohol. We should all take a moment to consider our behaviour.

Birding, rabbiting, walking, shooting, whittling, cooking, chatting, chilling was very enjoyable, of note for thanks were Harry for sharpening my axe, other harry for doing binding on same axe,other Harry for stew, little miss Harry for bacon roll, another Harry for chicken wings, Harry for going on and on and on….and second chief in charge harry (Katie) for allowing her dad to be such a good host.

Lots of good nice people, good to meet you all - look forward to next opportunity

Cheers steve

Harry I gave some money to Harry to give to you, all other Harry’s in the camp laughed when I said I would do this – strange. Mind you - Harry did look real dodgy. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Arry

Dec 11, 2011
Eastleigh Hants
Right then, where do I start. What a brilliant group of people. What an incredible amount of knowledge you have, and freely impart. I've learned so much this weekend. Thank you ... to all the Arrys

So the next bit ... excellent food, gorgeous weather, banter, camaraderie, hosting. I enjoyed every minute ... again thanks. See you soon I hope.

Here's a link to my photos:
http://s1079.photobucket.com/upload/albums/tonymullan/?location=DartmoorBakeOff

The wildlife camera didn't get anything worth seeing. It wasn't Dusty by the camera it was a cat.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Thanks Ivan for your impeccable hosting yet again.
It was really good to be there, out in the woods again.
Sorry I couldn't stay longer but I couldn't get warm or anything close to it on Friday night. I have to get some thermals for next time.

Freddyfish
(aka James)

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Still recovering from the celebrations last night... Another fab weekend only enhanced with a Birthday celebration :)

It was great to meet new and old faces, share a fire and generally laugh all weekend. We raised a glass (or three) to absent friends.

P.s Arry your link is dead. And thanks for the hangover LoL!

TeaBee

Jun 12, 2011
Devon
Shame you missed it, Skate. Many new faces to meet and fascinating events with the BTO ornithologists on site and the Tinners research group walk to Huntingdon mines etc. Also great birthday food; brownies, honeycomb, birthday cake and superb lime cheesecake - all suitable for a vegetablista like myself. And Ivan fixed the weather again. See you all at the next one.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Sorry I missed this one, and I even forgot to wish Ivan a happy Birthday, wish I could have seen his face when the cake was presented.

Well, that was brilliant again. Having missed all of the Dartmoor meets since the first one, it was good to catch up with old friends and make new ones. I don't know who this "Steve - look at the view" is, but there was a rather splendid chap called Harry who made a superb stir fry and shared it around. Wonderful weekend and looking forward to bumping into some of you at the RV.

Also I have a BIG box of natural tinder I found under some stuff this morning :) (drop me a PM with your address big man)

Thanks to Ivan for having us and being the wonderful host he is.

PS Tony, the link you want is http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/tonymullan/DartmoorBakeOff/

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE