Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I have had to arise , under the cover of darkness, as i think something funny is going on ? After some detective work I have acreepy feeling there is a spy amongst us ! I know I know ! Its hard to believe after the great care I have taken with the rigorous selection process, so with that in mind please be extra vigilant, only whisper among yourselves , and we have to start planning these secret Dartmoor meets , by private message , or carrier pigeon .

I of course have my own suspicions , because i am not thick ! Things like , I marked my just for men bottle , and it has definately been tampered with , along with my chainsaw oil , also the wrigleys extra , that i use for weddings , funerals and other special occasions ( for the gap ) have been depleted .

Don't panic everyone as i am on the case , in fact this weekend , i have organised a secret special op's meeting on deepest Dartmoor ( no chance of bugging ) With Detective inspectors Savage and Skate ( Special Branch , oak and ash ) And we will root this imposter out !

Thankyou for your attention, and remember loose lips cost dribbles !

Ivan...

Ps no one seems to have had a go at the mystery campers competion , be quick, entries close at midnigt tonight , please do not call after that time as your vote won't count and you still may be charged.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I had a bit of time before the rendezvous, so have racked my brains , and i actually think the imposter is a WASP !
Dressed mainly in olive green , about 6 feet tall !

Habitat. clearings,tracks,footpaths and Bushcraft Meets .

Diet. Host body tissues,all day breakfasts and lager after 7.00pm .

Statistics. Up to 6 feet tall , slender , but sometimes with an enormous ovipositor !

Conservation. The giant version, is not listed in the IUCN RED list , there fore not protected .

Notes . Even the giant Ichneumons are harmless to humans , but can be a bit cocky , so if any of you spot one ,let me know , i now keep a can of raid in my pack at all times .

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Ssshhh :27:. Gather round chaps :grouphug:. I think a certain upland dweller (Surface agent X-2-zero) might have heard the whispering and be up to no good.

My suspicions were aroused when I regained conciousness in a hangi pit and couldn't remember how I got there. Then there was the curious matter of the 'sleep apnea'. On the two evenings we were alone at the rendezvous he sneaked into his tent for a 'little sleep' after the evening meal. Ha! I think not! With all this talk about radios I reckon he was signalling to his Titan or Aquaphibian masters. I must get 'Phones' (aka TBL) to monitor all frequencies in future.

I have raised these matters with Cmd. Sam Shore (Dave53) so rest assured - action will be taken. I believe he has been speaking to a covert assassin (codename Kard133) but I can't say more. Atlanta (Mandimoo), steady your nerve gal! We all get cold feet once in a while - it's dangerous work! Marina (Lucy) needs to be debriefed after her exposure at the last meet. We can't use Oink (Dusty) on any dangerous missions, his cajonnes deserted him during a previous operation.

ATB Troy ;)

P.S. I believe Freddy Fish will be coming to the next meet - with a name like that we're gonna have to be on our guard.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi All, just returned from another little excursion on to the moor , Skate and Savagebushcraft , joined me for a weekend of camping , shooting , eating , sitting around the fire , and talking ! fantastic time as ever , bit cold at times , but as usual great company , ate like lords and the normal amount of laughter .

Thanks chaps for coming and keeping me company . A few pics and aload of Ivan boring video footage to follow at some point , when poor Adam has a spare hour or two in the cutting room !

Ivan ...

" I trod on a frog and it wouldn't burst " Don't ask ....

PS, A word of warning , do not take Adam on, in a shooting or catapult challenge !! well not for a quid anyway ! He can shoot the balls off a fly at 25 metres !!

Where as I couldn't hit a cows @rse with abanjo !

Last edited:

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Oh you are awake then hehe.
Yeah, great weekend and i can second that recommendation about Adam's shooting. Deciding which tyne of a wooden fork to cleanly remove at 30 yds!
Thanks for another cracker Ivan, don't know what I would do if the invites stopped from the best host in the West Country. (crawl crawl)
See you at the next one.

I'm back :)

I believe the mole has been ascertained, traps have been set, surveillance are on the job, and secondary field agents have been summonsed. A small contingent of mercenaries (and a squirrel with a sling on his front right paw) have been stationed in strategic locations, across the country....It's only a matter of time...

C

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh yeah ! Sorry Skate nearly forgot , me and my big mouth !

Oh and Jon 2 inches and building ( snow , not anything else ! )

Bit of a shame really , the change in scenery is incredible ! you boys should still be here snowed in !!

Oh Adam was it Estonian ?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
There's nothing on the videos about it is there ? only you know me and my " want to share attitude " But as you guys have me sworn to secrecy i will adhere to your wishes , for the time being !

Anyway , you chaps would not be able to leave , if you were here now as the snow is falling , all around us , no children playing everywhere ! looks like i am stuck here , like it or not ! ( oh ! alright like it )

Just thought i would post this , while i wait for the kettle to boil , as i am in a water pistol fight with the neighbours kids , and i don't want to lose !...

Next is a snowball fight , glad i spent all that time painting the stones white , " bring it on , kids "

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Although you chaps are fully aware of the Ivan " Argh ! back in the real world " Not so bad when you wake to a couple of inches of the white stuff ! I am going up the woods later to make tracking look easy , and i bet having no camera and no gun , wildlife will be everywhere.

By the way , thanks for tidying up so well, and building the fire up again guys , and i appear to have inherited a lovely crusader mug cheers ! Nice ploy Skate you always leave something behind !!

Oh and apologies in advance Adam , for the video being all over the place , but i am sure you can make something watchable from it !

On a sad note it appears , that one of our esteemed gang members has had his shorts taken down and his legs smacked ! for saying something that caused a little feather ruffling ! Never mind you won't be left out of future events , just because you are sat on the sidelines .

Anyway , not too long to the next one ! So planning already for some excitng stuff !

Ivan...

Some video footage from the weekend...at last lol.

[video=youtube;tS60XBveYi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS60XBveYi8&list=UUvwq N4YV4BQhryFVQiJPsPQ&index=2&fe ature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;fMMlhN9l5rc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMlhN9l5rc&list=UUvwq N4YV4BQhryFVQiJPsPQ&index=1&fe ature=plcp[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE