Dangler sheath Mora

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I've just finished my first dangler sheath for my Mora, its made from 3.5mm veg tanned leather dyed dark brown to create a marble effect, with a brass D ring and large dangler belt loop. its a perfect fit for my Mora. I'm very pleased with this one.

100_4792.jpg

100_4791.jpg

100_4786.jpg

100_4793.jpg

Hope you like it.

Simon.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks for the kind words on this one folks. I am really pleased with this one as its only my third sheath that I have made. Not too sure what the marbling effect is called. Ceeg I used Grangers wax to finish it of, not too sure if this is the right thing to use, I've used it on my other sheaths and it seems to do the job ok. I learned alot on this one, but its good to make things and get your head round problems.

Simon.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
i don't like it :nana: .................................... jealousy is a terrable thing, seriously, looks the dog's dangly bits mate, your getting rather good at the old leather work now.................git :D

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
how long did it take you soar and do you have a template to work from I have a mora with the hard plastic sheath and was toying with idea of making a leather one. so any tips would be more than welcome

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I took my time on this one as I enjoyed doing abit at a time when I got home from work in the evenings, but usally it would take a few hours to make, the dying took time as I left it to dry between coats. I didn't use a template to make it but its a good idea to try shapes on card first that way if you get one that you like you can just trace it onto the leather. If you have a look at the leatherwork section on British Blades Tiffers and others have some great threads that are really usefull if you want to have a go yourself.

Simon.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Soar that looks ace, the leather effect is top and the stitching looks ace too, very jealous! My clipper and F1 are still in their yucky plastic things :(

Hoping to pick up some tips this weekend and try an make one for my clipper and F1, if they're half as good I'll be chuffed nice one.

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE