Damascus axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Thanks a lot! :)
Glad you still like the little fellow! It is not legal? Hmm... that sure is a shame...

So far as I'm aware, it is essentially a razor blade, so theoretically a fixed blade. I'm unsure, but doubt it is legal. I've often wondered about modifying the little sheath so that it becomes in essence a UK legal folding knife with the sheath acting as handle/scales of sorts. Given UK knife law though, I'd want to run the idea by the local Bobby before making assumptions.

And I am indeed enjoying it. Perfect thing to just dissappear in your pocket while wandering around the house and garden. And the damaskus just makes it a bit of a work of art as it is. Alas I've yet to use my current axe enough to make this justifiable.

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
So far as I'm aware, it is essentially a razor blade, so theoretically a fixed blade. I'm unsure, but doubt it is legal. I've often wondered about modifying the little sheath so that it becomes in essence a UK legal folding knife with the sheath acting as handle/scales of sorts. Given UK knife law though, I'd want to run the idea by the local Bobby before making assumptions.

And I am indeed enjoying it. Perfect thing to just dissappear in your pocket while wandering around the house and garden. And the damaskus just makes it a bit of a work of art as it is. Alas I've yet to use my current axe enough to make this justifiable.

I see. Well, basically everything with an edge is illegal where I live, but I don't really care about it ;) I live in a nonsense country.
It is a quite interesting idea you have there with the folding kiridashi stuff. I still have two of them ready and now as you mention, their holes at their ends might just be in perfect position to make them work. So, don't hate me if I steal your idea eventually :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Looks great to me :) still love my kirindashi I got off you many moons ago. Just a shame it is not UK legal.

Again, let's make the legal thing clear. It's perfectly legal to carry a fixed blade, though if asked, you'd need to provide a good reason. So not sensible to bung in the pocket each day, and nor would you actually need it each day.

Then there's legal, a readily foldable (no lock) blade sub 3" length (cutting edge, not length). Anyone can have one in their pocket every day, as I do. And I often take a locker or fixed blade if I feel it's more appropriate for my needs.

It used to annoy me, but it's actually quite a clever bit of law. If you need it, you can carry it.

Last edited:

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Again, let's make the legal thing clear. It's perfectly legal to carry a fixed blade, though if asked, you'd need to provide a good reason. So not sensible to bung in the pocket each day, and nor would you actually need it each day.

Then there's legal, a readily foldable (no lock) blade sub 3" length (cutting edge, not length). Anyone can have one in their pocket every day, as I do. And I often take a locker or fixed blade if I feel it's more appropriate for my needs.

It used to annoy me, but it's actually quite a clever bit of law. If you need it, you can carry it.

I am perfectly aware what the knife law is thankyou, and as it stands, my kirindashi is not UK legal for edc, which is what I want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE