Daily Express

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
[PS BASC member here too oddly enough..er shoot bunnies for the pot with an airgun aswell[/QUOTE]

There are many factors that have to be considered when hunting ie location, the lack of suitable backstops, and the nuisance factor especially in built-up areas or around farm buildings all these prevent the use of rim fire, shotguns or centre fire weapons hence the need for either fac or non fac air rifles
Ps I know a lot of BASC members who regularly use air rifles including game keepers

[PS BASC member here too oddly enough..er shoot bunnies for the pot with an airgun aswell

There are many factors that have to be considered when hunting ie location, the lack of suitable backstops, and the nuisance factor especially in built-up areas or around farm buildings all these prevent the use of rim fire, shotguns or centre fire weapons hence the need for either fac or non fac air rifles
Ps I know a lot of BASC members who regularly use air rifles including game keepers[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely correct Woodstock - above all else (and the hardest to obtain) is the land owners permission. Air Rifles are ideal for rabbits and the likes of wood pidgeons IMO. There is a lesser chance of down range collateral damage in the event of a miss. You have to pit a certain amount of wits against your quarry (most get away). Above all, the killing is selective, not indiscriminate, and the population survives.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
You have to pit a certain amount of wits against your quarry (most get away)

Not in my case Fin between 30 and 50 yds with a non fac their in the pot :D target, target ,target it becomes 2nd nature to hit a kill zone then you can go on to shoot live quarry with confidence I spend a fair bit of time hitting paper at different ranges and in different conditions to perfect a kill
much easier with a slr

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I didn't know that you could kill bunnies with a airgun which one would you reckonmend?

Almost any 12ft lb air rifle spring or PCP will dispatch small quarry with ease at around the 30 to 40mts range and with some experience even longer distances can be achieved

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE