Daily Dozen Exercises

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
So I know we have a few people interested in Physical Fitness and Exercise on the forum and whilst I have my own ideas on the selection I thought I would seek some additional feedback from others to possibly challenge my thinking.

I intend to perform a routine of 12 exercises - one set each - everyday - to work the entire body as pre breakfast discipline. Other exercises are planned for the remainder of the day but the idea is to get the Daily Dozen in and done.

I have a variety of exercise equipment available. Exercises can be low-med-high rep range but only ONE set would be done for each exercise.

One Exercise could be a Heavy Low Rep set of Squats whilst a different Exercise could be Air Squats at a High Rep Range.

So which 12 would you have down to get the body primed and worked and maybe build in resilience and injury proof the body.

Last edited:

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Do you a pull up bar?

If yes, burpee pull ups is all you need....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: CLEM

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Do you a pull up bar?

If yes, burpee pull ups is all you need....

Ok, so my initial thoughts. :)

Not much overloading happening for Gross Motor strength.

Not much Chest and Pushing muscles being stimulated.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Ok, so my initial thoughts. :)

Not much overloading happening for Gross Motor strength.

Not much Chest and Pushing muscles being stimulated.
Depends if youre doing them properly...

Step 1: stand up right.

Step 2: drop quickly into a press up position (core, glutes, shoulders)

Step 3: do a chest to floor press up (core, chest, shoulders, triceps)

Step 4: spring kness to your elbows, into a lower squat position (core, chest, triceps, quads, glutes

Step 5: air squat into a jump to the pull up bar (core, quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves, forearm)

Step six: do a proper pull up, chest to the bar (forearm, bicep, back)

Get some good slow reps in to load up, or go all out for high reps to beast yourself. Its a full body exercise that will smoke you!

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sits ups
Press ups
Burpees
I do 25 of each in the morning
And 25 press ups and sit ups before bed
Imo A daily routine has to be simple and easy to do, the more complicated the more chance of it failing in the long-term.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So 5 sets in total with duplication of Two of the Exercises - Can I ask why ?? As in why the repeat before retiring.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
So 5 sets in total with duplication of Two of the Exercises - Can I ask why ?? As in why the repeat before retiring.
These at muscle building exercises. Whether it’s this type (using body weight) or weight lifting with free weights or a weight machine the principle remains the same: the exercise tears down the muscle and it’s rebuilt stronger during sleep. I suppose (and I could easily be wrong) that doing them before retiring allows the recovery process to begin immediately?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
HA! Being able to descend and then climb a flight of stairs makes me chuckle, it's such a big deal.
I'm faced with uncertain limitations. If I spring a leak, I'll croak in about 5 minutes.

Reactions: Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
These at muscle building exercises. Whether it’s this type (using body weight) or weight lifting with free weights or a weight machine the principle remains the same: the exercise tears down the muscle and it’s rebuilt stronger during sleep. I suppose (and I could easily be wrong) that doing them before retiring allows the recovery process to begin immediately?

Are you aware of G-A-S??

general_adaptation_syndrome.gif

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
You realize that press ups work the pectorals and triceps rather than the abs. Sit ups work the abs.

To be fair sit ups tend to place greater emphasis directly upon the Hip Flexor / Psoas Major muscle.

But mostly Abs are either made with gifted genetics or in the Kitchen via calorie and nutrient restriction.

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
To be fair sit ups tend to place greater emphasis directly upon the Hip Flexor / Psoas Major muscle.

But mostly Abs are either made with gifted genetics or in the Kitchen via calorie and nutrient restriction.
It’s always my abs that are sorest after sit-ups. But there’s no denying the. Second part of your post: no matter how good your abs are, they can still be hidden by a fat layer.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Do you have a workout partner and a bench? If so you can drastically increase the effectiveness of your sit ups as well as the range of muscles worked. Sit on the end of the bench with your back toward the end and have your partner hold your feet/legs while you lie backwards off the end (with your torso in the air parallel to the floor before sitting back up (this increases the effectiveness.
To increase the number of muscles worked extend your arms upward while flat and then twist your torso first to the left until their parallel to the floor than to the right before sitting back up. When your comfatable with this do it holding a weight.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Do you have a workout partner and a bench? If so you can drastically increase the effectiveness of your sit ups as well as the range of muscles worked. Sit on the end of the bench with your back toward the end and have your partner hold your feet/legs while you lie backwards off the end (with your torso in the air parallel to the floor before sitting back up (this increases the effectiveness.
To increase the number of muscles worked extend your arms upward while flat and then twist your torso first to the left until their parallel to the floor than to the right before sitting back up. When your comfatable with this do it holding a weight.

These? https://www.building-muscle101.com/roman-chair-sit-ups/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE