Czech winter walk near Prague

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
This is a quick show and tell of 3 day 32km walk Simon (SBreen) and I have just done.
The plan was to train it from Zbraslav to Jilove u Prahy then walk following the Sazava river to the confluence with the Vltava and then follow that back to Zbraslav.

We'd just arrived and were walking up the hill from the train station to the town square in Jilove.
IMG_0181.jpg

Aforementioned square
IMG_0182.jpg

From the square we walked to a nearby hill called Bozi skala where we had a brew
IMG_0184.jpg

We then walked to Kamenny Privoz via Zampach along the river
IMG_0186.jpg

When we crossed the river at Kamenny Privoz I saw a beaver in the river (the little dark blob near the centre of the frame)
IMG_0188.jpg

We had lunch in a nice hospoda (Czech for pub) by the river, I had goulash and Simon had chicken steak I think.

After that we continued along the river taking in the sights as we went
IMG_0189.jpg

Nice path through the forest
IMG_0190.jpg

We made some good distance and after Simon getting bitten by a dog, we found a spot with a wooden table and benches that would do nicely for our camp
IMG_0193.jpg

After a nice night sleep a brew from my sleeping bag
IMG_0194.jpg

The path we were on, loosely translated "Posazavsky Trail, was built at a length of 68km, costing 230,000 Crowns. Tourist club of Prague. In the years 1914 to 1924"
IMG_0195.jpg

For lunch today we popped into a nice pizzeria in Davle :)

We decided to miss out a hill by staying on the west bank of the Vltava but we'd need to cross a railway bridge, this was a bit of a heart rate increasing moment as we thought a train was going to take the bridge with us on it so we ran the last 50 or so metres but it carried on another line along the river, phew! moments before when we were talking to the local wildlife
IMG_0198.jpg

As we reached Vrane nad Vltavou we too a break before entering the town
IMG_0199.jpg

We spent the evening in a local pub for local people which was nice as it was a bit nippy out, I had svickova (my most favourite Czech food) and it was really good. A few beers went down well too. We then walked through the town and camped a little way from the town on a nice grassy area a safe distance from the river.

It was a pretty chilly night and we woke up to this...
IMG_0203.jpg

Ah! that would explain the half frozen water
IMG_0206.jpg

After a nice brekkie we continued on for the last stretch, it was nice to get out of the shadow of the hill and get out toes warmed up.
IMG_0208.jpg

Walking along the Vtlatva towards Zbraslav
IMG_0210.jpg

And we've made it, looking back from where we'd come from
IMG_0211.jpg

In all it wasa good little walk, not too strenuous and made a change from static camps where we take a load of stuff, was a bit colder than we'd expected though, the weather was saying -2C lows at night on the forecasts, weathermen :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE