Czech wildlife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
From my sunday trip... all these types of habitat are on just couple of square km of highland woodland, I took photos as I was passing through. I also heard boars, and spend some time in prone lying still with my camera ready, but no success. Anyway, it was a great time - and you know what they say, days spent in the woods are not counted into the lifetime limit:).
Image00001-11.jpg

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Excellent photos, just shows how much wildlife and relatively untouched countryside there is here :)
I've never been to Litovelské pomoraví but I will have to add it to my list.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Thanks Col_M, all national parks and natural reserves are pretty here, I especially like NP podyji, as it is smallest, but great national park, and Jeseniky mountains, which are a bit "forgotten" as they are not the highest ones.
NP.jpg

ridgeline.jpg

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
yeah i wear a camo jacket, black trousers and i wear green gloves on my hands and a sniper veil as a kind of hat to hide the shine of my face

works quite well i have found, hands and face i think the animals can see the 'white' flashing as you move so i try hard to hide that, your pics are superb, thanks for sharing!

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Here's one of my photos to add a little to the thread too
IMG_3877.jpg

I'll have to take more photos here. I almost stood on a deer a couple weeks ago here, they are everywhere :)

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
I thought that Col_M is somehow related to colonel:). So how do you like Prague? Honestly, I don´t, I think that we have more beautiful cities elsewhere with not so much human trash (immigrants selling drugs in Vaclav´s square are especially pis.ing me off).

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Ah no just as simple as my name being Colin :)
Prague is nice, it's much less hectic than other capital cities but it's about 4x bigger than my hometown, it has everything you need and the countryside is so easy to get to. Will be even easier if I get a car :)

I think I'm definately a country boy at heart though and love the peace and quiet but wages are always bigger in the city so it's a catch 22 situation.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
So I´m glad you enjoy your time, not a bad beer, especially its price, is it?:) I highly recommend private brewery "Basenth" in Prague. They have also good kitchen. But be aware, right next to it is pretty crappy stinky pub called similarily "U Basenthu". Cost of apartments in Prague is not so good, I would say it´s downright terrible, at least for me like a Czech. So if you like countryside, I recommend NP Šumava (www.npsumava.cz), apprx. 2 hours drive to south, probably the most beautiful place here, large woodlands, lakes, rolling hills, clear enviroment, and good cross country/downhill skiing and cycling.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE