Czech wildlife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
I am very grateful that you British folks run so much good sites and blogs about bushcraft and wildlife photography where I can gain a lot of knowledge and inspiration, and so for anybody interested here is a little contribution from my own country. I use Nikon D80 with Nikkor70-300mm objective and also two Bushnell Trophy cams.

Roe deer, most common deer over here:
SrnaDec2010053.jpg

Red deer, also common but much more shy and clever:
VVPBrezina-20MAR10048.jpg

Wild boar, VERY common, however it´s mainly night woodland creature so it´s not so easy to spot:
Prase427Nov10.jpg

Muflon, wild goat, originally lived in whole Europe, but after ice age remained only on Sardinia and Corsica. Succesfully reintroduced and living wild in many regions of country :
Nov10101.jpg

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Really good pictures, I've seen lots of Roe deer here but never a red. We even have Moose in some f the national parks around Warsaw.
Any beavers in your area?

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Really good pictures, I've seen lots of Roe deer here but never a red. We even have Moose in some f the national parks around Warsaw.
Any beavers in your area?
Yes, 20 minutes drive from my hometown is nature reserve "Litovelské pomoraví", where you can find beavers and otters too. Here is the pic from that reserve taken in 2009 and some more pics from woodland around my town:
Image00001-6.jpg

liska2.jpg

stag.jpg

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Excellent pictures! The animals appear to be quite tame?

Not tame at all buddy, I have to stalk and many times crawl on the ground to find the deer, get closer and get a decent photo (except the salamander which is pretty stoic creature). Also I use objectiv 70-300mm and it magnifies the pics so they look closer. The deer is actually very shy and cautious over here because of very popular hunting.
Some pics from today (Otter tracks, Rode deer and Pheasant in nature reserve "Pr Království"):
Vydra3PrKrlovstvJan2011.jpg

Image00004-2.jpg

Image00011.jpg

I also saw numerous Great spotted woodpeckers and one Black woodpecker.

Last edited:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Thanks for clarifying that. Your pictures are so nice and clear that everything looks close. Not being much of a photographer I never thought of a telephoto lens.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Thanks for clarifying that. Your pictures are so nice and clear that everything looks close. Not being much of a photographer I never thought of a telephoto lens.

Well thanks much, but I´m just an amateur... there are profi dudes which take unbelievable pics (I like wilderness.sk and wildlife.sk as they also do only real wildlife)

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
Really amazing pics, thanks for sharing.
I definitely must come back to Czech republic for the third time, it seems that I have missed a lot of things.
Have a Litovel beer for me too :)

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Really amazing pics, thanks for sharing.
I definitely must come back to Czech republic for the third time, it seems that I have missed a lot of things.
Have a Litovel beer for me too :)
Thank you... Litovel has a good beer, and also nice and large nature reserve of hardwood forests right behind the town. Give me a shout when in Litovel, it´s not far from my place:).

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE