Czech Army Sleeping Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I think Addo bought one of those back at the Derbyshire Bushcraft show last year, not sure if he did a review or not though. Can't be off it for that price, even if it turns out for summer use only.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Military Mart do it and there is a link to a youtube review of it. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Hope to see you at the meet so will catch a look if I remember :)

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
I've got a couple of these, keep one in the boot (just in case), the other is used either round the hammock or as a hammock pad, if it's really cold you have a spare bag for warmth. For the price, they're good, but don't expect a 5 season bag for this price :)

Rev G

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
got one myself, couple of mini 'biners in the button holes of the outer and sheet (with the blanket and sheet buttoned together) and it makes a nice underquilt to complement a CCF mat, only for carmmocking though as at 2kg it's not light :lmao:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Just got one of these delivered today; absolutely brand new, seems well made, I think the blanket is actually wool, what's not to like for £15 delivered? I'm going out tonight for a sleep on the ground, it's been getting down around 2-3 degrees here at night and forecast the same tonight - if it'll handle that I'll be very pleased - if it doesn't i'll add a silk liner and see - if it still doesn't I'll use the component parts to make a dog travel bed and still be very pleased!......................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've just got mine in from airing on the line for tonight's trial, and I've had a re-think; I don't now think it's wool, but whatever it is doesn't burn........and the rolling up and packing - I cant see any logical way of using the three straps as they are positioned, doesn't seem to make sense to me and it's a wide and heavy thing to just roll and strap on..........

I didn't expect it to be very warm, that's one of it's attractions for me as I run and sleep very hot so that side of it is not a concern, and I'll either work out a good way to carry it or use the bits (dog bed, stuff sacks etc.)
so I'm still quids in at this money.....................................Hey-Ho!........................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I slept five and a half hours through, about normal for me when I'm out at this time of year, with a silk liner and then in the bed roll as it came. I wore a t shirt and pants, put some old bracken under it along with a cheap German army sleep mat and was comfortable enough to feel rested when i woke to listen to the birdies............................This is gonna live in the car for those evenings when I think "I'd stay the night here if I had some kit with me"................for £15.00 you can't go wrong...................................atb mac

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
Just bought one of these for the back of the car, winters can be tough up here and my work takes me to some rural locations, more a just in case item than anything else, but I would be keen to try this with a tarp in the summer.

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
just had one del yesterday seems to be a woolish top sheet, anyway washed in soap flakes and lanolin, dried and now airing , some para cord on the zips, will get some tech wash for the outer must say excellent value for the money

greenshoots

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I don't think the woolly blanket is actually wool, its properly acrylic, that's what mine feels like.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I have two, one of which lives at my woodland cache. Mine are wool and I can sleep in mine wearing softie top and bottoms with no sleeping bag at this time of year.
I'm going remove the wool blanket from one and put two in the other plus liner and see how warm that is.

For a tenner it's worth having one just for the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE