Customized ads - what's in yours?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just thought this might come up with a few funny ones. Mine are boring but occasionally come up with something WHY!

OK I'll start. Boring today I'm afraid.

Currently Bullard AV but just before this page it was a cycling shop showing black Friday sale items.

So I've been cycling kit window shopping and at risk of dodgy virus'. What does your customized ads say about you?

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Mine keeps trying to sell me gabion baskets to prevent river erosion. I think they've missed their target with that one. Better than the blog that kept insisting I needed treatment for erectile disfunction though. :O_O:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I had life assurance for the over 60s, I'm early 40s if you don't mind. But ED beats that.

Although I did shave the beard off anyway after the ad. I mean there's a Webcam and my beard is getting a little grey these days.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Gadgets. Not very good ones either, the super high power torch for $75 when I could pick one up for about $6 on the Chinese websites, but I won't because they're rubbish.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
After going on a site that had a sudden spate of dodgy spam I got an ad on a different site for ladies underwear.

Now you might think that I've been looking at something related but I've honestly not. I'd only looked at cycling forums for about a week (well apart from kennel club and other sites that list puppy litters for sale in the breeds we're looking at).

I'm looking at getting a new bike and dog. The only things I'm obsessively looking at other than this site of course.

So the only source of data that this ad "preference" could have used was the high number of dodgy spam threads in a cycling forum I visited. That to me is a bit worrying. If a forum gets too many spam Google analytics and similar seem to be detecting these spam posts and converting it onto personal interests.

Needless to say I selected the x and reported it as inappropriate content.

On here BTW it's often Alpkit or a financial site. One is appropriate the other isn't. Hint my new bike is a 15 year old secondhand one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE