Custom Catapult

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Hi fellas just finished this one of my custom catapults I cut the core from 10mm Ali plate and fitted it with green Acrylic it also uses a clamp system to hold the bands in place hope you like it ATB Phil

IMG_0921_zpsiozrivix.jpg

IMG_0920_zpsnqkbokwe.jpg

IMG_0918_zpsvifp46jn.jpg

IMG_0924_zpse1bt9wcr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Horrible post it to me so I can get rid of it for you lol it’s green what’s not to like clamp system looks very clever

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
lovely catty mate, how do you do the clips if you dont mind me asking? I've got a slightly altered mule blank being made when the CNC at work is free and would love to fit clips to it.

Cheers

Jon

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
lovely catty mate, how do you do the clips if you dont mind me asking? I've got a slightly altered mule blank being made when the CNC at work is free and would love to fit clips to it.

Cheers

Jon
I drill and tap the blank then cut the clips out of Acrylic and drill holes to suit then it just clamps the bands in :)

Reactions: Turnip

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Pretty sure he admitted to pranking that.

Yeah, when I searched for it the next vid was his 'making of'.

I imagine that its quite possible though, and a 20mm steel bearing to the noggin at anything more than about 5mph is going to make for a pretty bad day!

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
Great Job

How far under the clamps does the elastic need to go for a secure anchorage?

I made my first a few months ago with tie on bands. I am planning No 2 and am looking for a neater band retaining system, so am interested in how it works.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Great Job

How far under the clamps does the elastic need to go for a secure anchorage?

I made my first a few months ago with tie on bands. I am planning No 2 and am looking for a neater band retaining system, so am interested in how it works.
Hi fella you will get away with 5mm inserted and clamped no problem mine as 10mm inserted my next will have 5 mm hope that helps its great when out and about as if you get a band break its a fast way of changing bands ATB

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
So, which one is the right name; slingshot or catapult?
I thought a catapult was those huge medieval war machines.

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
That’s a little corker. Love the green. I need to start making my own catapults. Where do you get your bands from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE