Custom Build #132... 001/3...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Why 001/3... 001 because the knife is based on SM build #001... The 3 is because it is the third knife I have made based on that design :)

008-1.jpg

The blade steel is 01 and features a full flat grind, with polished convexed edge, throughout it's 5" length.

Scales are Desert Ironwood, another immaculate pair supplied by pikebite, over red liners and secured by nickel silver hidden bolts, the lanyard hole is lined to complement the fixings.

009-1.jpg

The sheath features a Scandi style "dangler" and houses the matching DI firesteel.

010-2.jpg

011.jpg

A real workhorse of a knife this one yet still sleek and comfortable... I am very, very pleased with this one :)

It is currently on it's way to it's owner, I hope he is as pleased as I am...

Thank you for looking, Stu :)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
What's the purpose of the forward-curved part of the handguard and the extended part of the spine, where the blade meets the handle? Do they have a function or is it purely aesthetics?

Nice knife by the way. Very nice. :cool:

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
I'm very pleased with it....should be arriving tomorrow!
Should be :)

What's the purpose of the forward-curved part of the handguard and the extended part of the spine, where the blade meets the handle? Do they have a function or is it purely aesthetics?

Nice knife by the way. Very nice. :cool:

Thank you... The extended part of the spine acts as a thumb ramp, simply section that your thumb will rest upon in certain grips, it has a "cracked ice" texture applied to it's surface...

On build 001, that first example of this knife, the curved part of the hand guard was simply a "sharpening nick", a small choil if you like... This one however has been adapted very slightly to also act as the section of the blade you'll use to strike the firesteel...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE