Current projects

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
All these are still a bit WIP but as I'm done for the day I thought I'd share :)

P1010009_zps8da84ec0.jpg

The old hick still needs a convex edge and i'm planning to straighten and square off the spine before i sort a sheath for it.

The steels are handled in Antler and Bamboo

The bags a reconditioned Czech GM bag that had some damage to it and the folding Foraging/dump pouch is a trial run before I use some decent leather

So what are you currently making?

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's all looking great mate! I've just made a pitch stick with pine resin, charcoal and beeswax- worked a treat! I've also just managed to get a rhythm going on the bow drill ( all be it a kit I bought when I was about 11 :( ) no ember yet but I can get a good rhythm going-I'm progressing down the difficult road- then I'm going to build my own. Liking the thread! :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Nice work.

Leather moleskine cover at the moment. Still got my BCUK patch to sew on my pack. Axe to re-helve and make a mask for. And loads of other stuff :eek:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looking good, all of it, but those fold-up dump pouches are great; I made a prototype from some polycotton years ago and it worked so well that I still use it daily - no need for anything better for collecting tinder and gasifier fuel, and it just disappears when you don't need it..............Perfect bit of kit, eh?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I still have a waxed canvas drawstring backpack on my to do list as well as a few odds and ends - pocket strop/sharpening kit, pocket canvas tool roll

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks, mate.

Sorry for the kinda thread hijack, Corso. I like the look of that old hickory there. Spent almost ten years of my life working as a butcher and have always wanted to pick up one of those for a few mods, since our US cousins rave so much about the. But you don't see them over here.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Thanks, mate.

Sorry for the kinda thread hijack, Corso. I like the look of that old hickory there. Spent almost ten years of my life working as a butcher and have always wanted to pick up one of those for a few mods, since our US cousins rave so much about the. But you don't see them over here.

bought a couple from moonraker.co.uk http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/oldhickory.html for £11 each + postage also sells some nice greenriver blanks too

modded this one the other sits waiting for inspiration

and no worries on the thread hijack mines very rough and ready and not up to the standard of selling I look forward to seeing your work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE