current price of surplus stoves, very high?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
Taking a look around, the price of surplus and second hand stoves seems to have shot up drastically.

a few years ago you paid £8 including post for a Swedish army trangia, they now regularly go for £20.

last year paid £10 in auction for a consumer trangia 27. now used going for £30+.

Swiss meta 50, once available for under £20, now regularly goes for £40 (or more on current one on auction site)

Swiss volcano, once £5, now goes for nearly £30 inc post.

Seems odd to me when the trend at the minute is for stuff to be dirt cheap as nobody is buying. Has something happened I don't know about?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Also remember that the SAT and Volcano stove are no longer being used by the respective militaries, or manufactured. A few years ago a huge amount got dumped on the market as a result and prices were rock bottom. But the supply has dried up and prices risen as a result.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Volcano stove is a useful bit of kit if you tweak it a little....

I gave my last one away to a member here. That said they were OK but I did melt one when I modded it and fitted a stove burner. It worked well with a little home made meths burner.

European Army Surplus are selling them, grade 2 in bundles of 20 for £126.50

Last edited:

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
do you have a link Rik?

I personally love the Swedish Army trangia, it is for me a perfect design. I know you have a different opinion though Rik!

Would never pay current prices though!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
It's always the same way a shed load of stuff arrives on the market cheap two years later you find out about it and they have all gone. You then pay through the nose via ebay to get what your mate paid tuppence for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE