cudeman Bushcraft

Feb 10, 2008
Way out West
Hi,
My girlfriend has decided she wishes to join me on my bushcraft jaunts. She is looking at buying herself a cudeman bushcraft knife.
I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on these knives. Are they good value for money.
here is the linky:- http://www.knifeman.co.uk/ViewItem.php?ItemID=122
It will be intended as her entry level knife for general light tasks.
if anyone has any feedback into these blades please let me know.
cheers
Pete

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Certainly looks like a nice knife, but I've never heard of them before.

I should think you'd get a much bigger response over on BritishBlades if you try there! :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
To be honest I think she'll be best off with a Frost Mora, cheap, bombproof and a great knife to learn knife use, safety etc. It will do all that she needs for a 1/3 of that price, if she uses it a lot and wants to progress beyond that then buy something else for her, she will know how to use it and look after it and your money will then be well spent.

I know plenty of pro teachers and bushcrafters that use them, it's what i use most of the time these days.

ebmfla

Feb 17, 2011
usa
I own 2 or 3 Cudeman knives, the largest is aa bowie. I bought them when they were made in Germany. I am a collector , so they are still like new. I know the ones I have are a fine quality and a am geussing the ones from Spain may be near the same.

AlexHolsgrove

Jan 7, 2012
United Kingdom
I hate to use my first post in this way, but I would avoid probably all of the knives on that website. I bought one of the bowie knives and a couple of others in the hard plastic sheaths. The quality is really poor. In terms of the bowie knife, the blade metal was average, the wooden handle was poorly cut, badly fixed and was uncomfortable. I could have sanded it to fit my hand, but the blade was loose and I didn't see much point. As another user mentioned the Mora knives, I would urge you to look elsewhere.

My apologies for reviving an old post, but since people can still link directly to these topics from a search engine, the content is still relevant.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
There's a couple of really nice custom knives going on british blades at the mo. Blanks by FGYT of this forum and handled by the guy on BB

http://www.britishblades.com/forums...panga-scales&p=1843476&highlight=#post1843476

I have no link with the guy - just a happy customer of Duncans (FGYT). Astounding value for money.

EDIT >> Ack! Just saw the date of the thread - oh well, if anyone else is looking bag a bargain

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE