Crusader sets quetion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2017
Russia
Hi all!
I understand that my question is a bit stupid, but unfortunately I could not find an exact answer.
These two sets are "official equipment" issued by the British army or not?
In Russia, they are sold as "British army BCB Crusader cooking set". From which year to use these kits (for all troops)? From 1990 PLCE?

12612285.jpg

12602045.jpg

Also, I had small problems with the classification of metal cups to Patt58 canteen.

Tell me please, at what year stainless cup (8465-99-721-3131 Cup, Canteen, Stainless) was first included in the set of canteen P58?
On many forums write, that in the early 1990s, and only for special forces. Is it true?

And one more question - In what year did the army began to "official use" a BCB Crusader set stainless / PTFE coated?

Best regards, Michael

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
They are not routinely issued but can be indented (asked) for via the procurement system, hence the NSN. Individual units can authorise "purchase" from their budget. I never saw a complete set as above; the lid is rubbish, the burner is okay but a standard ration pack cooker does the same job and a standard waterbottle/utility pouch will take a bottle and metal mug.

The non-stick one flakes or peels after the first use. No-one uses two mugs!

BCB are now finally doing the set in MC pouches after only just getting through the DPM ones! The silver mug is great, I use mine often.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE