Crusader pouch

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
That's what ya get for browsing on a phone ickle dinky pics that ya cant see properly.
My apologies.
Done many trips using this load out?

i must admit the idea of replacing the sleeping bag with a softie suit came to me from The Right Honourable Dave Bromley who also said at the time you could reduce weight even further by wearing the softie suit. Good idea which i took on board, depending how warm it is on the day. Also packed away in the bottom of that rucksack is a ( you might laugh at this) goretex type overall guaranteed to keep you bone dry and on top of a softie suit is horrendously hot. Wear this with the MVP socks over the top of the overall in an arctic issue, non breathable bivvy bag, the pu nylon one with centre zip that pre dates the goretex one and i reckon you could be good for winter bivvying.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I havnt tried it yet but i reckon softie suit combined with bivvy bag and base layers should be ample for summer

I used my softy suit as PJ's in the arctic and it easily increased my warmth ratio..... -34c with no fire and in a -25 dossbag and bivvy bag I was warm as toast. Should work great as a lightweight dossbag on its own.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE