Crusader kit pouch

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
You can use a standard British Army issue 95 Pat utility pouch for the same purpose.
A lot lot cheaper!
It all fits too.........

PREPER............. :)

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
Interesting, didn't realise you could get waterbottle pouches that were made like a satchel rather than for webbing.

I was toying with the idea of using some sort of similar thing either slung on a shoulder strap or on the belt of my rucksack as a way of carrying a 58 bottle and metal mug, but was only aware of PLCE pouches in DPM or OG, both of which are a bit too militant for my liking...

I've now gone down the route of a hydration bag in my rucksack for drinking on the move and a 58 bottle with 2 mugs (plastic on top for washing/shaving and metal on bottom for cooking/drinking) also in the rucksack. Having a hose with water really avoids the issue of needing a belt pouch for water or having to stop to get out a bottle out my pack; and still having a hard plastic bottle gives some reassurance that if the bladder goes pop I still got something, besides, it fills the volume that would otherwise still be half taken up by mug.

And a smallish shoulder bag empty and rolled-up in the top of your rucksack is light & small to pack and handy for a few bits like a waterbottle and such if you go off for a wander from your kit/camp/harbour area for any length of time also.

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
Then that's a utility pouch... Almost the same as a water pouch, just no internal divider for brew kit/hexi, and the fittings you describe allow it to be placed on the front of the belt, swapping out a usual ammo pouch (magazines) so link can be carried.

My utility pouch always rattled around far more than a water pouch when used for a 58 bottle and mug, there again its pretty much the same size so your milage may vary... Also I'm guessing you don't have quite the same need to be that quiet.

Cheers,
I.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I wonder why it is so much (even in dollars) is the Crusader considered exotic kit in the US?

I'm still use a early PLCE OG gas mask case with the dividers cut out, fits a waterproof etc and as cheep as chips (assuming your not down south or on the coast up here ;-{D)

Next year there will be knock offs coming out of china no doubt.

ATB

Tom

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
We have a couple of the new pattern respirator pouches for brew kits, enough room for three cups, a 1ltr water bottle, Crusader mug and stove and a full hexi stove and box of fuel, matches or lighter, spoon and assorted satchets of Tea, Coffee, Hot chocolate and sugar and a cloth to wrap it all in to stop rattle, also room for a few snacks as well, can be carried like a satchel, shoulder bag, or "man" bag.

The good bit is that they are going for under a fiver.

I also found some of the old style respirator pouches in black and also black water bottle pouches for MOLLE style set ups.

Wings :)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I had a go at making a crusader pouch out of furniture warehouse leather samples - very pleased with the result as it does the job and can contain the water bottle, aluminium cup and lid, honey stove, meths burner, tinder tin, fire piston, cigarette lighter, tea bags and still have some room to spare - can't quite fit the kitchen sink in (yet) though.

The quality of my leather work is pretty rough but it is good enuf for my purposes - and will be even better when I put a lid on the pouch.

This was my second 'project' the first being a sheath for a laplander - also functional but not of high standard - and I reckon for the cost of the tools/leather working material I have got two useful items for what it would have cost me to buy ready made but still have the kit to make more if I want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE