Crosskeys area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I'm off to crosskeys near Newport for 4 days, looking for a good days walking. Any recommendations would like any caves or water features.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Lots of great walking thereabouts. Cwmcarn forest drive, The Raven Walk, the Ebbw trail, The Sirhowy trail. The Monmouthshire & Brecon canal if you fancy something leisurely with historical interest. Not much in the way of lakes that way, aside from pen-y-fan pond, but two good rivers (Ebbw & Sirhowy). For caves if you head a little bit north to the heds of the valleys there are masses of caves, one of the longest cave systems in the UK. I'm not sure if there are any more locally to Cross Keys but I will consult the map for you.

PM me for more details if you like. I might even be able to meet you.

Dave53 lives very close by too, so he may be worth dropping a PM.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i would suggest forrest drive as on november 2nd there taking down most of the trees because of larch desease so it could be a first and only chance to walk its 7 1/2 kilometres of woodland regards dave.
PS take your camera some stunning views

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
I'm from that area, live in Scotland now but there are certainly some nice areas to explore. Machen mountain and black vein. There's the dolomite quarry half way up to machen used to do a lot of target practice there with the rifle, More off the beaten track than Cwmbran forest drive. Twmbarlym mountain is also a good walk, easily recognised, just ask any local the best way to the tump. If you go to twmbarlym via tysign you could drop in to pant y reos reservoir for a wander also, huge body of water, surrounded by woodland, used to be full of trout, no doubt still a good few there ;)

steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE