Crossbow: Jandao Chase Star 200lb + extras

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Eggy

Nov 18, 2010
Dunfermline
Jandao Chase Star 200lb recurve crossbow - clone of Excalibur Equinox, Excal's top-end recurve only with 200lb limbs instead of 225lb.

Purchased 7/11/12 (receipt still in the box), in shop-shelf condition and it's magic, a real powerhouse of a crossbow and as accurate as anything I've fired but...... the boss has put her foot down after I bought myself a new toy that I can't put down (American flatbow).

Ambidextrous thumbhole stock with soft-touch finish realtree camo - not a mark on it. QD swivel mounting points fitted as standard.

CNC machined aircraft-aluminium riser.

Comes with:

x 12 20" aluminium bolts - 8 with target tips, 4 with field (bullet) tips, half-moon nocks. Bow will perform to it's full potential with any carbon flat-backed or half-moon nock bolts - I fired a couple of Easton carbon's from this and they were superb.

Under-bow 4 bolt quiver (detachable and adjustable for left/right handed use).

Hawke RD 1x30 Realtree APG dedicated crossbow red dot (x3 aim points for 20, 30 & 40 yards) - brand new, boxed but fitted to bow for the pics.

Spare Dacron string.

Cocking aid (200lb by hand is doable but with the cocking aid it's a cinch!)

Stringing aid.

Peep/open sights.

Dedicated heavy-duty, padded Cordura carry bag.

String/serving wax.

Bog-standard xbow scope that came with the bow but, TBH, it's pretty basic hence my purchase of the Hawke.

I put this through a Scan chrono and it's doing 310 fps with bog-standard aluminium bolts and the standard Dacron string; get some decent carbons and stick a Flemish string on it and you're talking 340-350 fps - that's around 80+ ft/lb depending on the weight of arrow & type of head used.

I've shot this around 50 times, it's never been dry-fired so limbs are in tip-top condition and bedded in nicely.

Compatible with ALL Excalibur add-ons shown here plus a whole lot of other after-market xbow goodies.

The whole package cost me over £400 - yours for £275, that includes insured post but open to sensible offers. 175lb version currently retailing for £284 in Merlin Archery, £250 at Bowsports but with none of the extra goodies I'm offering ;)

Usual methods of payment accepted.

Unbiased review of 225lb version

Last edited:

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.