Croc Dundee knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
The EMCCU from BB is having its summerjam this weekend nr newark lincs.There having a cutting competion,And as iv'e been invited iv'e knocked up this baby,To see how it performs,15 inch overall 10 inch blade, handle 5inch, 4mm thick,Suede leather thong wrapped handle,its the same blade spec as close as i could get it to the Mick Dundee Knife,Also has a Secret carry sheath rig.

Bernie

DSC00919.jpg

Movie of the knife in action hit the link
berax_uk

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Impressive! :cool: Did you mill or grind the fuller?

Not so sure that it will make much headway as a cutting comp knife though. Good as an experiment, but I reckon that short bevel is liable to bind and wedge a bit.:(

Very best of luck! :D Hope you have a good time.

For those that don't know, there are some really good pictures of a US cutting competition here:
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5715&highlight=Dan+Farr

Also, this is a rather better finished competition style knife than most folk use, but it shows the kind of blade size, edge form and handle shaping that many find effective. It has been noted that a competition knife isn't necessarily a good camp knife, just as a Rally car isn't necessarily going to be all that comfortable to go camping in.
orig.jpg

From
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10590

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Hi Chris
The fuller was ground. This is the first time that I've looked into this cutting knife competition game and obviously you learn as you go along. Thanks for the links to bb and that photo is of one impressive cutting knife. Just hope I don't come last ha-ha!
All the best
Bernie

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Just tried the knife out again on 3 beer cans. You will notice the wife drank the beer and took the video the wrong way. Just wanted to add that not being in any competitions before, this is a knife that i just knocked up as I wanted to make a Mick Dundee knife for myself
cheers
Bernie

The hidden carry sheath
DSC00926.jpg

The one my wife enjoyed taking hic!
berax_uk

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Nice knife, bet you had fun making that!

Agree with Chris about the grind, needs to be thinner to be a winner!

But it will be fun!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Real Man Knife this one :beerchug: I like it. You must have had fun grinding and polishing the fuller? How did you make the sheath, that it keep the knife in place? It must be quite heavy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE