CRK Mountaineer 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
well thanks to a combination of an influx of cash and generosity of certain members on BB i am soon to be the recipient of a new toy.
i've been after one of these for years.
oh happy, happy day :D
looking forward to playing with it.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Nice little knife, you must be well chuffed :D . I'm still saving for an F1, does anyone have one second hand????

HAM

Sep 6, 2004
Aberdeen
Graham,

I've had one for years, great choice mate. Mine was my main knife for ages - it handles like a dream. I remember being told that I'd get blisters because of the size and agressive knurling on the handle - never happened . . . not even to my soft city boy hands.

The only thing I'd say is, watch the sheath. After a couple of soakings in the rain, mine does not hold the knife as snugly as I would like, so I've made an elaticated cap to make sure the knife stays put. Hopefully yours will fit better than mine. If I was honest, it was the sheath and not the knife that gave me the excuse to get an AW Woodlore.

Enjoy your new toy.

Steve

useless

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Hampshire, UK
the only question now is,
what do i put in the hollow handle?

You could put an Opinel knife in it. Always handy to have a knife around! ;)

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Stuff like a rolled up fiver, matches, and change for payphones would be good, but Red's suggestion of plasters isn't half bad! That thing looks dangerous! You could fit a mini torch in there if you wanted to.

Make sure you do a little review for us. It looks good.

quarterstaff

Aug 5, 2004
uk
I had a CRK Sable,in the handle I modded a fire steel and stuck that in the end cap with a small stricker(the spine on crk knives is rounded).Great knives but I found indexing the knfe with a round handle a bit weird,so did someone else,Sargey I think,he had 2 flats ground on top of the handle.
cheers

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Compeed Plasters are a must!

I'm sure I've said it before somewhere, but I really, really despise Compeed plasters. The last time I used them it was in relatively warm conditions (35-40C) and the blasted things dissolved to goo on my feet rather than do any actual good.

As far as mini torches goes, the Fenix range probably has one or two that'll fit - the L1P should with ease.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
quarterstaff said:
I had a CRK Sable,in the handle I modded a fire steel and stuck that in the end cap with a small stricker(the spine on crk knives is rounded).Great knives but I found indexing the knfe with a round handle a bit weird,so did someone else,Sargey I think,he had 2 flats ground on top of the handle.
cheers

indexing isn't a problem with the Mountaineer 1, there is a more pronounced finger guard at the cutting edge.

as to contents, i'm thinking thin flint (off one of the bcb machless fire kits), some plasters, a couple of fish hooks + line, and a couple of needles.
maybe some brass wire if i can fit it in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE