cramp balls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
i was out for a stroll at the weekend and came across a shedload of cramp balls , some small , some were more than 7 inches long the way they had formed , anyway my point is if anyone wants some gimme a shout and we'll sort something out , i don't want money for them just enough to cover posting , thanks
alan

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
the least i can do to give something back to a forum and it's members that has given me so much info on bushcraft :)

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
I had cramp balls once but I adjusted my pants and the problem went away.

Very kind offer mate, in some places these are very hard to find and you could help someone out a treat. When I see these I know I will get a fire going without to much trouble, good valuable find!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
i was out for a stroll at the weekend and came across a shedload of cramp balls , some small , some were more than 7 inches long the way they had formed , anyway my point is if anyone wants some gimme a shout and we'll sort something out , i don't want money for them just enough to cover posting , thanks
alan

Very kind offer I'll have some if thats ok I'll be up in Lanark Thursday till Sunday we could meetup somewhere drop me a pm with details. cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
PM sent Alan but I don`t know if you`ll get it or not, each time I try to send one the website times out.

Rich

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
Sorry for butting in

However i would hate to see one specific area becoming void of crampballs would it not be better for those who need some to post seperatly and maybe a few members from a few regions could send them on?

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
What trees do they favour?? I've never seen one in Manchesters woods:(

As Bernie said mainly Ash. Don't give up, it took me many months to spot my first one, then after that I was seeing them all over the place! They seem to really favour dead or decaying trees, or maybe that's just where I'm seeing them.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
As Bernie said mainly Ash. Don't give up, it took me many months to spot my first one, then after that I was seeing them all over the place! They seem to really favour dead or decaying trees, or maybe that's just where I'm seeing them.

Your right Mick dead or decaying trees,and as said once you know what to look for there everywhere.

Bernie

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's the same with most things I find. It may take a while to get your eye in, but once you do you can't stop seeing things! I remember prowling around some woodland in Germany with my brother in law looking for boletes. It was half an hour before I spotted the first one, then I saw another just a few feet away. The brother in law cottoned on quick and knew the woods and the likely path of the spores due to the prevailing wind, and he picked up loads. After that we were spotting them all over and got a massive haul. It just takes time to get your eye in, then you'll wish you hadn't!

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
hi guys , went out today and picked up a good few of these bad boys , so i have plenty , i'll post a pic later , then went looking for chantrells at a spot i know , bloody none :( must be the end of season for them , or someone else has found my spot. so if anyone wants some cramp balls just send me you're addy and we can sort it out from there , woodstock did you get the pm i sent you ?

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
heres a pic
DSCF4805.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE