Craghopper Nosquito Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wattle

Forager
Nov 6, 2008
Scunthorpe
www.ncgl.org
I am after a long sleeved shirt for general outdoor use including canoeing. I want it to keep the sun off as I burn very easily and also to dry quickly. I am a big chap (17 Stone) and I would like the shirt to be a loose fit.

I see Craghoppers do the Nosquito shirt in XXL which should be big enough and seems to fit the bill.

The best price I have found on the net is £35, which is £10 lower than the RRP.

I was wondering if anybody owns one of these shirts and if so do they like / dislike it.

thanks Phil

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I would steer well clear! I too am a large lad, and used to have 2 of these shirts. I used them continuously for two weeks (with washes in between) First week general bush stuff, out all week, then just over a weeks canoeing in Sweden. The shirt is comfortable but not durable, the stitching in the armpits went and the material wore through where it had been rubbing on my pfd.

I now use

http://www.rohan.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=02594&cid=MensShirts&language=en-GB

and

http://www.columbia.com/Product/4/Titanium/41050/Shirts/9850/Omni-Dry-Silver-Ridge-II-Long-Sleeve-Shirt.aspx?viewAll=False

Both excellent shirts that have stood up to a lot of abuse since I have had them, both have excellent sun protectection and wicking properties as well as being thick enough to stop the bugs:)

The columbia shirt is a bit more light weight, was out in it yesterday in the canoe 25c+ and was very comfortable, only place i have a burn is in the neck area where i had the buttons undone and no sunscreen.

Also I would not buy craghoppers anymore, I returned the above mentioned shirts and some trousers that had all failed, only to have them returned to me saying we do not have the facilities to deal with your request!:dunno:

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
I have a craghooper too, really like the shirt but have to admit, its not wearing as well as I had hoped, its even bobbled a bit because of my stubbly chin!

My dad has some of the columbia stuff and it seems top notch

Drew

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Dohhhh! - I bougt a craghopper nosquito recently and wore it at the weekend when it was really hot - I was very pleased with it - the ventilated shoulders seemed to work well - will now have to wait and see how it lasts before I buy anymore (which I was intending to do sooner rather than later)

Dec 16, 2007
there nosquito stuff does the trick for me. Was up the woods last week with a long sleve t shirt and no squito troos on. The wife counted 13 bites on my back (from when I was setting up the basha and hammock) but none on the legs. so does what it says on the can.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I have a few Crag shirts - not the Nosquito though - the older ones seem to be far more durable than the newer ones. The very oldest I have just wont die, much to my wife's displeasure, but the more recent ones bobble and pill very easily.
I'll give rohan a bit of a look.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE