Crafty Secret Santa 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
names will be given out on the 25th of November, and its not just Austria mate. As explained by PM the changes in the postal system in the uk mean that whoever gets an international giftee would be saddled with a huge postage bill. Therefore this is being limited to people who have a uk postal address. If you want to then have it shipped to you at your own cost feel free. It just didn't seem fair to make some unlucky people have to pay a lot more in postage than others.

If anyone has an issue with this please feel free to PM me about it.

Thanks

Dave

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
as an aside there are STILL people who havent send me their postal address, PLEASE can you send these asap as it cuts down on the likelihood of people being withdrawn last minute.

Anyone who's address is not with me by the 25th will be removed from the draw.

Thanks again folks

Dave

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Well in that case I will have to step out as well.
Bummer though was very much looking forward to it.
Perhaps a europe version?
Yours sincerely Ruud

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
A quick look at the Royal Mail website provided the following info:

A 'Small Packet' (Maximum size is length, width and depth combined - 90cm. Greatest single dimension - 60cm.) weighing say, 500g, RM Airmail to EU would cost £4.95.

A 'Small Parcel' the same weight and meeting the same size limits would cost £3.00 by RM 1st Class.

Less than 2 quid more for Europe - hardly going to break the bank is it?

I, for one would have no objection to an overseas giftee for my Crafty Secret Santa.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'll put my hand up here and admit it was me that raised this - given someone signed up located in South Africa (mark stotesbury). However I didn't want to single anyone out. Europe isn't so bad (especially as belabear made me such a great gift last year).

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm perfectly happy to have a partner abroad, even on a state pension I think I can run to a bit of postage.................

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Ok, well I'll retire out then. I can't afford the £10 in postage to SA if it happened by chance at the moment.

I'd be willing to swap with you if you were given a giftee on the other side of the globe.

On the other hand, you could send something lighter.

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Why don't we simply have an extra note on the list - "willing to post to EU"

MM, should stay in and be assured a uk participant.

Simples.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE