Craeg's recent projects part 1

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi All

Below are some of my most recent projects. The Laplander saw & sheath combo and the Medieval Possibles Bag are for sale in the Makers Market.

The sheaths & axe mask are made from veg tan 3-4mm leather that has been dyed with Fiebings and finished in carnauba wax and saddle cream with the edges all Edge Koted and burnished. The stitching is either 60lb artificial sinew or 18/4 linen thread that have been bees waxed and saddle stitching is used throughout.

Laplander and coat

I included a lanyard hole to keep it under control when on your belt

SAM_1606.jpg

SAM_1607.jpg

SAM_1610.jpg

SAM_1611.jpg

Medieval Style Possibles Bag

The possibles bag is about 13"x12" with a 60" carrying strap. It is made in a Medieval style from mid-brown goat skin with is both beautifully soft and very strong. The toggles are traditional Medieval rolled leather toggles for authenticity and the strap is attatched by copper rivetts to the bag with 4mm saddle leather on the inside for strength. The bag itself is machine stitched with Barbour high strength poly with each side having 3 lines of stitching for strength and durability The GB SFA is in the photo just for scale and is NOT included in the sale :D

SAM_1631.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments welcome

May 16, 2011
Perth
nice stuff, jealous wish i could work leather like that the best iv done is a canvas sheath for my machete which looks like its made by a 5 year old. but then again its held up better than the one that came with it.

cheers for sharing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE