Cowboy Kettle Brew Recipies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
I was bought an epic ceramic cowboy kettle for Xmas and I am bursting to take it out and make a proper coffee this morning, it's crisp and dry and I have some Columbia coffee ready in my day sac

IMG_3496.jpg

Are there any other traditional/family favourite brew recepies that people have trialed in a kettle?

chris123

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2016
norwich
I was bought an epic ceramic cowboy kettle for Xmas and I am bursting to take it out and make a proper coffee this morning, it's crisp and dry and I have some Columbia coffee ready in my day sac

View attachment 43102

Are there any other traditional/family favourite brew recepies that people have trialed in a kettle?
I've got a similar cheaper version. Not used it yet tho on a fire. I've bought raw green beans from Ethiopia ready to roast on the fire. Had a trial run roasting the beans in the oven and used the kettle on the cooker.... best coffee I've had in a long time. No recipes I'm afraid unless sticking a little pussers rum in counts.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
How much will you make? How strong do you like "camp coffee?"
Boil 1 liter water with 1/4tsp salt. Off the fire, add 4 tbs ground coffee and stir.
Let it sit. Pour bits at a time to see the strength.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its easy enough to boil the crap out of coffee...make a pot of tea with your enamel pot and get a French press for a good coffee brew :)

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
Roasting your own?! Sounds amazing. I have a South African friend who insists on putting cracked cardomon pods into the brew! Tastes weird but interesting

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
Leshy, Mors Kochanski is an absolute find! I have been Bushcrafting for 10 years and have only just come across him! Canned milk in brewed coffee, genius!

Thankyou SIR

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Leshy, Mors Kochanski is an absolute find! I have been Bushcrafting for 10 years and have only just come across him! Canned milk in brewed coffee, genius!

Thankyou SIR
Haha non worries bud. The man is a legend in his own right and he's still running courses ...

A living legend with a humble manner and gentleman attitude .

👍

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE