Covid-19 Travel for exercise - Reasonable distance

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

How far do you think is a reasonable distance to travel for exercise?

• Total voters

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Last spring we had the capital almost totally isolated from the rest of the country for about a month, just necessary traffic allowed, police on almost all roads blocking. In a few days some invented it as a game to try to look for unblocked roads to go through, in the end it was not very difficult as there just were not enough policemen. No body knows if it worked or not.

But considering this Wuhanflu travelling is not the main problem as that infects nobody. Again preventing large meetings is kind of secondary tactic again. The problem is direct close contact with unknown people, as far as I have seen no government has tried to tackle that directly. all just with indirect measures. Maybe it would be time to try that too, so far most other interventions have not worked that well.
a) it's not a flu (influenza) virus, it's a Coronavirus. If you need a shortform 'rona seems to be quite popular.

b) the problem is close contact with people you know. it's a lot harder to think of friends as potential carriers and you are likely to spend more time with and be closer to friends than strangers. social gatherings, especially indoors and while eating and drinking, are spreading disasters in the making.

Reactions: MrEd

TLM

Native
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Before this there were at least four corona variants causing short fairly harmless flu like symptoms. Referring to them. Ok maybe I'll go back to Wuhanvirus.

the problem is close contact with people you know.
I do. But there are more than few people who do not habitually think much and when what they see are travel restrictions that's what they respond as the problem.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We just call it covid-19. It's specific enough to be clear.

If folks had just settled down and kept apart until the disease withered and died, it would all have been over in a few months.
Instead the whole world is a mess because they didn't.

Reactions: MrEd

C_Claycomb

Mod
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Bearbait,
From The Telegraph

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I dont think confusing people by renaming the virus is a good idea, when the virus first came out last year, and it made the headlines, there were large queues of people in Liverpool at the Jobcentres, they thought it was a new benefit, and they wanted to make sure they didn't miss out on it, same when the headline said there were 1000,s of jobs in jeopardy there was a rush at Lime Street station as people queued up to by train tickets to Jeopardy in the hope of getting a job there.

Good cartoon; ta!

And the train to Jeopardy. I wonder if there are any ministerial jobs there in Jeopardy?

There's been some great humour circulating during the C19 business via various channels. It helps us all to smile or laugh occasionally!

I particularly like this one on the new Covid regulations:

Last edited:

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.